D5 to E?

daves2000ls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all. on my way back from one of the christmas' i had to go to i looked down to see the usual D5 blinking E and i have no idea what it means. Do any of you?

are you talking about the on board comp display. where it displays what gear you've selected? was the vehicle running fine? i don't know why it would do that but im curious

daves2000ls said:
Merry Christmas to all. on my way back from one of the christmas' i had to go to i looked down to see the usual D5 blinking E and i have no idea what it means. Do any of you?

Its explained in the manual. It means the transmission is having SERIOUS problems -- malfunction and possible damage. You should have the dealer look at it right away!!!!

That's not good. I believe the 'E' stands for Emergency. It happened to me when my transmission solenoid went out. If it is really a major problem your check engine light would be on and the engine would prob reduce its power...and believe me...you'd know it if it did...

daves2000ls said:

Year? V6/V8?

"E" means error.

Happend to me

It was the Valvebody, Lincoln Murcury Part was $460 Ford was $440, I did the Labor And learned the tricks of doing the Job.

sorry its taken me a week to get back on this but ive been away from an internet connection. anyway, its not done it again in the week since christmas and ive taken it on a 80 mile NDHS trip on new years eve and still nothing. and i just called down to the most trustworthy dealership in my area (i know that sound oxymoronic) and they said that they would need to see it "act up" to diagnose it. and id like to get it worked out before school starts up again in 8 days. any suggestions, other than drive it hard until i break something.

Had the same problem before... it's usually the valve body... atleast that's what it was for mine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back