DCCV Diagnostics - Failed closed?

carpoof

LVC Member
Reaction score
I did do a search but could not find the answer to this situation. I have an '01 LS V8 that had a failed hydraulic fan hose so it got parked in the summer with only water in the system. Recently replaced the fan with an electric and changed the thermostat. Now there is no heat, the hoses at the firewall remain cold and I have bled the system per the correct procedure twice. I removed the heater control valve from the car and tried to blow air through and it would not allow air through. I applied 12-volts to both solenoids and did not hear a click or see any movement. I tested the wiring at the car and I was getting 1.6 - 1.7 volts at each terminal. I know the valves normally fail open, but is it plausible that since it failed in the summer and was parked that they failed closed? Is there any other way to test this valve before I replae it? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Yes, there have been a few cases where the valves stuck in the closed position.

It is unwise to ever fill the cooling system with water. All of the aluminum cooling system parts may be now corroding.

Members online

No members online now.
Back