DCCV - Why does it fail?

vellis

LVC Member
Reaction score
About 1.5 years ago, my vents would blow cold air out the driver's side, and hot air out the passenger side. I replaced the DCCV and all was good......until yesterday. So, I have a couple of questions.

1) Why do these fail so often?

2) Have there been any design changes since these parts were introduced?

Thanks....

Have you had your coolant flushed? Sometimes debris gets trapped in the valve. Flushing will remove the debris, if that is the cause.

Have you had your coolant flushed? Sometimes debris gets trapped in the valve. Flushing will remove the debris, if that is the cause.

I have a question. What coolant are you referring to having flushed? I am going to have that done so I need to know.

how do i go about getting this done? any service shop can do this?

Yep. ANY shop worth it's salt should be able to do this. The hardest part of the procedure is getting the system bled, but a competent shop won't have a problem with that.

Yep. ANY shop worth it's salt should be able to do this.

Ok that really made me laugh out loud. hah

just a fyi, did your unit make these noises? when i turn the AC on, inside the cabin right after pressing Auto the unit makes a couple noises, first a clicking noise starts then while the clicking noise is going on it sounds like the ac's also trying to 'breathe'. in conclusion first it starts clicking then it sounds as if you were exhaling, all this happens in a matter of about 5 seconds.
fwiw when the ac is on and running their is repetitive clicking noise coming from under the hood, then it will stop then start again then stop and so on through out this time ac will be working properly.

I haven't heard any noises. just an occasional Passenger side hot air during A/C.

I've read theories on the coils, stabilizer bar bushings, etc, but I've never read one on the DCCV. As an engineering type, I was just curious why it fails

Members online

No members online now.
Back