Does a 98 mark have factory amps?

purpony

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Installing an aftermarket radio/nav unit and need to order the adapter wiring harness. I see a couple listed, one looks like your standard harness, and the other has a couple RCA plugs wired in... stating that its needed to keep your factory amps working...

my question is, does the Mark have any factory amps? Is this wiring harness with RCAs needed?

The car is a 98 with JBL and trunk cd.

Installing a Nav unit with components up front (no aftermarket amp) and a sub in the trunk with an aftermarket amp.

do i need this:
476279522_o.jpg

or just this:
228935954.jpg

If your keeping the factory amp you'll need a special harness. If you're rewireing all the speaker to the new headunit get the harness w/o the rca's built in.

ok- thanks guys... i was guessing that is what was in that tray... im not really planning on re-wiring everything, just wiring in the sub amp....

If your just adding a sub you'll need the harness specificlly for the ford/jbl premium sound. Then you'll have to run a set of remote/rca's from your new deck to the trunk along with the power obviously.

Not really sure how aftermarket comps would sound/work on the factory amp. Imho I'd rewire the whole thing.

if your just adding a sub you'll need the harness specificlly for the ford/jbl premium sound. Then you'll have to run a set of rca's/remote to the trunk along with the power obviously.

Not really sure how aftermarket comps would sound/work on the factory amp. Imho i'd rewire the whole thing.

+1

good point.. i have a pile of amps... maybe i will rewire-

I rewired mine. I suggest taking your interior out so you have plenty of room to mount all your RCA cables.

When I ran rca's on the pass side I had plenty of room in the channels. No need to rip out the interior. The power wire ran fine on the drivers side too w/o removing anything more then the plastic strip and the kick panel.

well am about halfway through my install.... I did end up taking the rear seat and back panels out for running wires and replacing speakers. Good call on just rewiring the entire thing... should work great!

cant wait to get it finished and working. Hopefully it sounds good! Im just using a pile of stereo equipment i had laying around and gathered from friends over the last few years....

So far I have about $300 in the entire system....

Kenwood 6160 Nav headunit (just bought on ebay)
2 10" Alpine Type R subwoofers (barely used from a friend)
JBL mono amp for subs (barely used from same friend)
Orion front Component speakers (from my old pickup)
Pioneer 3 way rear 6x8 speakers (from my old mustang)
MTX 4 channel amp (from a friend)

Definitely take the time to rewire. It's worth the effort. Before I decided to rewire everything, I was having a problem with noise coming through the speakers. I just ended up replacing everything. Kenwood head unit, Alpine compnents in the front (with tweeters in original tweeter location), Alpine 2-ways in rear and Type-R 10"s in a custom box in the trunk. The amps I put in the existing amp rack after cutting all the tabs off.

I would've gotten any Pioneer deck over a Kenwwod...but that's just because Pioneers are waaaaay better. I personally wouldn't use a 3 way speaker -just my preferrence-for clarity

I would've gotten any Pioneer deck over a Kenwwod...but that's just because Pioneers are waaaaay better. I personally wouldn't use a 3 way speaker -just my preferrence-for clarity

If you keep knocking Kenwood, I'm not texting you anymore lol. :p I prefer Kenwood, eXcelon series any day over Pioneer but like you said, it's all in preference. Just a normal Kenwood, no, I wouldn't choose that but I only do eXcelon series. I have to admit that Kenwood's are not very user friendly but it doesn't take long to figure them out.

Go sand your hood Sapp and leave the Kenwood's alone. :D

its a CDA 9884.
runs a 4 channel Alpine amp that i like in my trunk, and a 1 channel no-name sub amp that i don't really like.

i want to replace my sub amp with an older rockford fosgate like i used to have, and upgrade to component speakers up front using the stock tweeter location. i have no name 3 ways right now.

its loud and musical, and right now that's getting the job done.

I'm using an old RF for my Boston G5 10
For the money, I'm seriously impressed with my tunes.

I checked out all the Pioneer stuff and IMO the Kenwood eXcelon series has better options and a more user friendly interface. And here are a couple pics.
IMG_2371.jpg
IMG_2369.jpg

its a CDA 9884.
runs a 4 channel Alpine amp that i like in my trunk, and a 1 channel no-name sub amp that i don't really like.

i want to replace my sub amp with an older rockford fosgate like i used to have, and upgrade to component speakers up front using the stock tweeter location. i have no name 3 ways right now.

its loud and musical, and right now that's getting the job done.

i assume you mean the older punch series? i think i saw one in happy hocker pawn a few weeks ago. i believe it was a punch 250.they were great amps. i think he's got an orion hcca 250 the red ones that go down to.5 ohm competetion series if your interested ill go back and check.

i assume you mean the older punch series? i think i saw one in happy hocker pawn a few weeks ago. i believe it was a punch 250.they were great amps. i think he's got an orion hcca 250 the red ones that go down to.5 ohm competetion series if your interested ill go back and check.

its was a Rockford Fosgate P200-2. good amp. runs 2 10" Rockford Fosgate punch P2s in my brothers car now. and they freaking slam.

I just got a Pioneer Avic-D3 so now it begins. This is all I have so I will start looking for the rest of the components. If something comes up and seems like a good deal I will grab it but I am not going out looking for anything specific. Not sure why I am doing this as half the time I drive I forget about the tunes but the blue tooth it came with is going to be handy!!
I will be rewiring when I do install though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back