Door lock actuators

charlie00tj

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2005 V6 model. Love all the information on this forum. I searched through all the threads I could find on this topic.

None of the doors unlock when pressing the switch, or using the remote. They all make a sound like they are trying. I can't imagine them all failing at once so I picked up a DDM from a junk yard and the door locks behaved the same. Before I go into replacing all the door lock actuators, is there something else I could look to try?

If they all don't work, I agree it's probably not all the actuators failed at once. I would guess the DDM can just send signal to the central thing that's not working, so replacing that wouldn't do anything. Electrical things that move something physically like a lock usually have a fuse and a relay. If it sounds like it's trying, the fuse is probably still good, but there's not enough juice. Check manual see if you can find a power lock relay to check.

hmm, this is a tricky one.Have you tried manually locking and unlocking each door? Sometimes this can help reset the system. Also, check if the key fob battery is good - I know you said the switch doesn't work either, but it's an easy thing to rule out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back