Door Locks possible Problems!

virgil_the_poolshark

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2000 V6 lincoln LS on the new years But the poblem is
With the car running If I get out and leave the keys in I locks the doors! Is this normal I really don't think It is normal but what do I know

P.s. This has happend twice today so I am getting good at breaking in to the car and it is like 3 degrees out and winding right now.

The automatic locks should only engage when the engine is running, the transmission is in drive, and the transmission governor senses rotation in the output shaft. So just sitting there in park with the engine running should not lock the doors. But then again the 2000 model year seems to have had it's share of quirks.

My 2000 manual transmission V-6 has done this several times.

It has locked the doors several times when I've gotten out to get gas (not a problem since the keys are in my pocket) with the engine off. But once I got out to get something in the truck with the engine running and was locked out. Needed a coat hanger and 30 minutes of work to get in the locked running car.

Seems to happen most often when exiting quickly after stoppng the car. Now I don't get out without pop[ing the window down.

Did you ever talk to a dealer?

I talked to the local dealer and they could not find anything wrong.

pragmatic said:
My 2000 manual transmission V-6 has done this several times.

It has locked the doors several times when I've gotten out to get gas (not a problem since the keys are in my pocket) with the engine off. But once I got out to get something in the truck with the engine running and was locked out. Needed a coat hanger and 30 minutes of work to get in the locked running car.

Seems to happen most often when exiting quickly after stoppng the car. Now I don't get out without pop[ing the window down.

Members online

No members online now.
Back