Doors won't open from inside

itslmabry

New LVC Member
Reaction score
The interior door handles on my 2001 LS quit functioning. The remote works to lock and unlock the doors, and I can open the doors from the outside, but not from the inside. Any ideas?

ut oh, experiencing the infamous "door wont open on the inside"... chances are that the cable that runs from the handle is "stretched out" as they say... and that and a whole new handle will have to be replaced... and your lookin at about 150 bucks? i think thas what i had to pay cause it happened to me once before... good luck

are you talking about the rear doors? did you check the child locks?

It's happening on all the doors. I thought about child locks, but didn't think that would apply for the driver's door. I might as well check, though.

yea you might need to get a whole new interior door handle assy. its only about 45 bucks but i paid 120 total with labour at the dealership. sure sucked opening the door form outside . i had to use the auto roll up windows from outside to kinda make it look good for people who saw me open the door from outside.. lol.. j/k. it should be about 120 though.

I just replaced my interior drivers handle last Thursday. The part was in stock and ~$63 out the door. You'll have to drill out the rivets that attach the handle, and procure new 1/4" rivets. Unless you have access to a professional rivet gun ($234 at NAPA), it might be better to pay the ~1 hour labor. I had access to the rivet gun, so did it myself. The whole job took a little less than an hour.

The area where the handle interacts with the lock release is where the handle fails. You won't be able to see the broken piece until you remove the door panel.

Members online

No members online now.
Back