Double-Din Radio...Setup Pics Please!!

fonsito

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Can a Double Din Radio be mounted on the LS?? Please let me know because a friend of mine told me that the LS is not a doube-din...

If it can be installed please post pics because i got an offer for a Panasonic Double Din for $500 Installed

Yes... A double Din radio can be installed in the LS... Ken as LSKoncepts has a bracket that you can use or customize one

The $500 installed price probably only includes a "standard installation". Double-din units can be installed in the LS using the 2003+ NAV faceplate, but there is some modification required.

yes

vbpgimage.jpg

Nah... the '03 bracket will go in without a hitch... there is no serious modification needed... I in fact am purchasing it for my '00 LS V8 so I can put in the navigation form the newer models.

The bracket will mount to the dash just fine. The opening for the head unit is what requires modification.

I installed a Navigation in my buddies '01 LS and I didn't have to modify one thing... weird...

I have an Alpine double din in a 2002 LS. I ordered the 03+ NAV bezel with the paint option from LSkonceptz. Fits perfect and a 98% match to the paint.

Double-Din on 2000 LS

So is there a kit for a 2000 double-din yet or you have to modify it yourself? I am quite confused, but I really want a pioneer or kenwood with gps in my LS! Any ideas?

Matt

So is there a kit for a 2000 double-din yet or you have to modify it yourself? I am quite confused, but I really want a pioneer or kenwood with gps in my LS! Any ideas?

Matt
Matt,

No one at this time makes a double din kit for the LS other than the one we sell and it has to be modified since it is really the bezel for the factory navigation system. I have heard that some radio shops will custom make one but that can get pretty costly.

Matt,

No one at this time makes a double din kit for the LS other than the one we sell and it has to be modified since it is really the bezel for the factory navigation system. I have heard that some radio shops will custom make one but that can get pretty costly.

Is it a lot of modifying? The size seems to be the same (according to the pic above), so where the modification needs to take place? I promise to well document the process once I can be directed in the right direction. Also, is it possible to install an original lincoln nav in the 00 LS or is it better to go with aftermarket if I can get the trim kit to fit?

Is it a lot of modifying? The size seems to be the same (according to the pic above), so where the modification needs to take place? I promise to well document the process once I can be directed in the right direction. Also, is it possible to install an original lincoln nav in the 00 LS or is it better to go with aftermarket if I can get the trim kit to fit?
Cost wise it would be better to go with an aftermarket navigation unit. As for the install, the dimensions of the opening are approximately 7 1/8" wide by 4" high (180mm x 100mm). There was a member here on LvC that modified it and said he used a Dremel tool to cut out the inside.

Members online

Back