DTC: 1342 Instal new DATC module

YdibuynLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Getting desperate...my AC has been blowing hot, checked 134A fill level ok, compressor turns, no condensation on low side lines tho. Hadn't noticed that untill after I changed the DCCV. Ran the diagnostic mode and came up with 1342 code...replace DATC. Is there anything else I should check before buying a new control unit? Didnt see it listed on Rock auto. Anyone know a good source beside the stealership?

Junkyards/Ebay.
It'd be worth doing some real diagnostics per the service manual to confirm that, though.
If the right car is at a pick'n'pull, then you can just grab the PCB and stuff it in a pocket.

...It'd be worth doing some real diagnostics per the service manual to confirm that, though.

This is the exact diagnostic procedure for that code, from the factory service manual.

B1342 1342 ECU Defective INSTALL a new DATC module.

Granted. I would do the basics to see what signals the DATC is actually sending out and how the systems are responding to the various settings. Who knows, maybe just a loose connector or wire?
Also speaking from my experience swapping around DATC boards, it may not help as much as you would want.

Thanks for the help. I have seen the huge trouble shooting procedure but no pinout for the DATC.

Do i need a datc unit from a gen 2 as mine is an 04? i found two on ebay but they are from gen 1

Do i need a datc unit from a gen 2 as mine is an 04? i found two on ebay but they are from gen 1

Yes, a gen I module won't work. You also need to make sure you get one with controls for heated/cooled seats if you have those, or without if you don't have them.

Members online

Back