Ecu

MaRk32v

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright i have a question.now i have a 95 mark viii that i dropped a 96 motor into. now i have been done just about everything i can think of to get the motor from obd 1 to obd 2 as far as IMRC's go and the whole shabangabang. now ive had the car running and it ran at an idle and everything. but now nothing. the starter is all good. the battery is shot so ive been juicing it with a battery charger. but i read on here that the timing is different on the 2 motors. i read you can run up to 5 degrees advanced on the obd 1 and on obd 2 if u run that then its not gonna run at all. now im thinking that if i change the ECU out that will fix my problem not 100% a little dazed and confuzed between the all night working on the car going to school and work. so any info would be awesome thanx

Ron

or would i be able to have someone just reflash the computer with a tuner or something along those lines

to change the ECU, you would need to rewire the WHOLE car for the OBD2 system.

I have swapped gen2 engines to obd1 vehicles before. Mechanical timing specs are the ssame throughout the years.

Mike

Members online

Back