Electrical Probs

NJack2AF

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My car is having some serious problems. When I went out to start it tonight I heard some sort of mechanical clicking noise coming from the back left of the car... Near the tire it sounded like. The battery was dead so the interior lights would not turn on. I jumped it, drove for a while, and when I got out the interior lights would not turn off. They still... wont... turn off... :(

No... why would I want to turn the headlights on? I was trying to get the INTERIOR lights to turn OFF..

Do you happen to have the Drivers Side Door Ajar problem? Sometimes it won't register that the car door is shut, and they will stay on. If you don't know how to fix that, spray WD-40 on the inside of where the latch goes.

if your message center dosent say door ajar, check the dimmer control for the dash lights if its past the click in the up possion it turns on the interior lights

also,since you mentioned clicking in left rear near tire,that is where the remote entry box it,in with your air ride switch,if that is messed up it might be affecting your interior lights too.
i have heard it click in that area a couple of times,maybe the low battery confused it or something,
just a thought

the clicking could have been a low batt. problem. it can, and will confuse the relays inside that keyless module. it is very hard to find the sourse of a power draw in these cars with the test light method i found, because of all the relays that need power to work. if this makes sense.

have the battery checked a bad battery will cause a world of problems. have the battery charge topped of if buying a new one so it dosen't cause the alternator to over work and burn the diodes and other problems. if the batterey is over 4 years old time for a new one. jd

It must be the battery... I didnt even think about it but a while back it had 20+ volts ran through it because my alt's voltage reg went out, it must have finally succombed!

Either way I am selling the Mark because it dropped a valve 2 days ago... yay... anyone want it?

Members online

Back