engine compartment rattle

evan03lsV8

New LVC Member
Reaction score
ive had two dealerships look into this rattle that sounds like its comming from right in front of the driver inside the engine compartment with no resolution. what they did find was that if you get the car up to speed, put it in neutral, and turn the car off, the sound is still there. so it doenst have to due with the engine or transmission supposedly (ive had my selonoid pack replaced by the way, and whether they fixed anything at all is a different story for a different day because the thing still snaps my neck every time it shifts). you can only hear it when the car is moving; as for when the engine is on and the car is stopped, you dont hear anything. the sound is really prevalent when comming to a stop because the rpm's are low, but since i drive the car all the time, my ears are honed into the sound and i can hear it all the time. if i were to try and describe the sound i would say it sounds like marbles being spun around in a thick can. kind of like an inconsistent clunk or rattle that happens 10-15 times a second. any ideas guys? this clunking noise makes the car sound so cheap and its driving me insane. i really appreciate your time reading my post and helping me out. hope to hear from you all soon. thanks in advance =)

Members online

No members online now.
Back