Engine pings at low RPM....

00NORCAL V8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Been gone for a while but, glad to be back. I have searched this and have gathered some info but, was wondering if any of you have discovered any new data? My 3.9 pings at low rpm when I am just cruising let's say in drive and give light throttle I can hear it. I also have noticed a seperate issue, when it's hot out (100+ here in Nor Cal) car seems to be very lack luster in the performance dept. I don't have a CAI just stock box. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA.

00NORCAL V8 said:
Been gone for a while but, glad to be back. I have searched this and have gathered some info but, was wondering if any of you have discovered any new data? My 3.9 pings at low rpm when I am just cruising let's say in drive and give light throttle I can hear it. I also have noticed a seperate issue, when it's hot out (100+ here in Nor Cal) car seems to be very lack luster in the performance dept. I don't have a CAI just stock box. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA.

My guess is the gas you've been using. Try a different brand and a higher octane. Depending on how many miles you have on the car, it might be time for new plugs.

As for performance in high temperatures... no one's car runs well in 100 degree heat... even dry heat.

I'm glad it's in the 60's in New England... 40's at night :D

I've tried every brand of gas out here at least 2 tanks between switch. I'm originally from CT so I know what you're saying but, it's starting to cool down big time out here. Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.
Back