Exaust and Rev Limit cut off?

RGL

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I put 2.5 inch Exaust on my car now when I put the peddel down it sounds and feels like the Rev limiter kicks in. You know like when you have the Traction control on and the back tires break loose,is that whats happening whith my LS?

Yea, that's what's happening. Most if not all of the LS's have a rev limiter. You can have it removed if you get an Xcal2.

ok

so changing the exaust from 2.25 to 2.5 makes that much of a differance Huh!

if what u mean is

Was it there with stock exaust the answer is no.
Iput a Borla 2.25 on and it was Exelent! went up someones Driveway and it must have broke loose cuz It fell off and a semi took it out, no way to save it. I put 2.5" on and now I have this problem, also the other day I had to WOT and the Engine Lite started blinking but whent away.

The rev limiter comes into play when you try to rev in park or neutral above 3K rpm. Your engine light came on @ WOT due to back coils or plugs. The same thing happened to me. It sounds like it's time for a tune up.

There is a 3K rev limiter in Park and Neutral that can be removed on the 1st gen LS by a tuner but so far not on the 2nd gen.

There is an over rev limiter around 6.5K you probably do not want to remove and not sure if a tuner can remove or change.

my rev limiter is only in neutral and park...that bugger will wind to the bitter end...in D4 it will shift into third at 6500, then just stay on it...turn trac contol off...

i swear, if i get my car rebuilt the way i want its going to be a ridiculous ride...

Members online

No members online now.
Back