Expert LS guys needed

brooke

LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright....I had a code for engine fall cuz i was just tooling around town for coil three. Went to gas station one night didn't hardly want to start. Got home and parked it. Went to leave next day nothing. I completely forgot about the fall safe DTC and assumed the starter finally went out. I had one on have as it seemed to have a flat spot in it for at least a year. Kinda why I assumed it to be that. Went about the hellish job of swapping starters... After a few days and numerous curse words and different 13 mm tools borrowed from friends it finally was accomplished lol. Before I tried it tho I went to clear codes. Clamped the positive and negative wires together for a few hours came back and hooked battery up and charged... Nothing. Dash came on security light blinking fast. Went and got a new battery. Still nothing.. Had a friend climb under and monkey with starter he broke one of the studded posts on the Solonoid,FML!!!I decided screw it I'm not taking that starter back off and grabbed the Solonoid off the old one. Ta da! Nope... Before it would at least crank. It would crank till the computer shut it off, which is odd cuz I figured it cranked until battery was dead. But now nothing. No dash light except air bag radio does work and function got done light a no PATS light any more on the dash. Unless I have it locked over night then it flashes until I unlock and get in car... Checked power every where and continuity. My last job I was a mechanic so I'm not your typical female guys. Pushed the enertia fuel shut off. Only thing that seems off,I pulled the diode under the hood fuse box and it says open loop instead of continuity... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What all codes did you have when you went to clear them? I am not a first Gen LS owner i own a 06 LS but i will try to help. Also you should check you're fuses and relays since you're friend broke one of the studs off the solenoid he could have blown something if the battery was hooked up. And if you didn't remove the starter to replace the solenoid its possible your wires are not hooked up correctly.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back