Fat Passengers

87LandYacht

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a question, It seems whenever I got at least 2 ppl in the back of my 87 TC it really just sinks a little, before I upgraded to 22' I didn't mind it, but now its bothering me. Any ideas, besides of course having skinnier friends?

You have 22" rims. Thes vehicles were ment for 15" wheels.

Get back to the 15" rims.

One thing you could do is find an old donor car that may have been wrecked with the load leveling suspension and jack all the air ride parts off of it to make it level itself out. Another thing you could do is stick a set of air shocks in the back and carry around one of those little air compressors to pump it up when you get people in the back. I don't really know about putting 22's on one of these things. I'm afraid it would look too much like a donk and be retarded. I've rolled seven deep in my 87' town car down town, we figured the weight was around 1500lbs. It was heavy but it didn't drag the tires. Then again I am on my stock 15's. I am considering going with a set of newer stock 17's to replace them when the time comes. :cool:

hotrod's right. get an air-ride. (at leats for your rear)
it would be cheaper to find an old one off of a crown vic/towncar.

but you always can go over the top with air bags and spend a small fortune making it crazy.
if money isn't an issue for you, i say just juice the motherfucher.
hyrdros all the way holmes.

Do you have coil springs?

If so, I'd recommend an air-lift airpsring kit. The poly airsprings fit inside the stock coils, and you can inflate them as desired to compensate for load using either the included schrader valves or an optional on board compressor kit.

I'm running this kit on my Marquis and like it a lot so far!

I prefer these over air-shocks as it uses the spring perches to support the load - not relying on the shock mounts.

Retrofit of a salvage RAS / load leveling system wouldn't be practical

i wont have too many problems with sagging, i'll prolly have the air suspension on mine taken off when it goes out and just have em put just a regular suspension in the rear, as for 22's did you have to lift your car at all to fit em? im wantin to do 22's but the people i talked to say i'll need a lift, and at $1500-2000, i'de rather not have to do it.

nope no lift needed. I'm only gettin a problem when too many ppl set in the back, and for some reason my front left side is lower than the right so it rubs a bit

Members online

No members online now.
Back