FatMat vs. Dynamat.

'00GrayGhost

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm ready to get the rattles out of my f:q ing LS. I'm familiar with dynamat and that stuffs freaking expensive. Fatmat is selling on ebay pretty cheap. 100 sq ft for about $130 shipped. I've searched and found instructions on rear deck removal which is my main area of complaint. Heavy bass=massive rattle. Anyway opinions on sound deadeners would be welcome.

Thanks
'00GrayGhost

i have dynamat.. never even heard of fatmat... all ima say is u get what u deserve with everything.. pioneer is cheaper than kicker subs, but u can tell the diff. cheaper is not ALWAYS better... i would see if i find someone that has used fatmat before..

Dynamat is great stuff.you get what u pay for imo.

I had the bottom of my LS covered with spray on sound deadner because
there was alot of rattling around the gas tank and wheel wells........the spray
was rubberized bedliner and killed the rattles.

Dynamat fixed the rest altho i did have to use some permatex ultra black
to seal/glue some interior panels.

Now that i think of it......that was alot of work for 4 8's.

eDead

elemental designs sells a product called edead and you can get the V2 which is like dynamat extreme for like a buck a square foot. I bout 100 square feet and with shipping it was like 120. they have a bunch of discounts as well. real easy to apply no heat or anthing, maybe just a roller.

I'm with paddy. Check out eD at edesignaudio.com

I got the eDead v1SE² which I have not yet installed, they have since come out with the v4. You can use coupon code eDeadBA to get 20% off everything but the v4.

Other than that I have heard the fatmat is just the same as the dynamat for less cost. Or even Brown Bread. Do a search on that.

dynamat, take it from a guy who 2 runs 2 18 inch subs in the trunk

Members online

No members online now.
Back