Fg What #$%!?

hotrod03lincolnlsV8

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive had my ls for 60k miles and the first time I changed my fuel filter is was a week later and in the UP, I was spraying fuel all over the road..enough the advancetrack was kicking in. The culprit?! a cheap ass Chinese filter....the filter tubes/barbs were too small and one blew out pumping GALLONS of fuel onto the road while on my way to the bar...(i was pissed enough at her i left her in the parking lot and had a good night in Marquette :D )

My '03 v8 manual says to use a FG-1011 fuel filter, and that was apparently superseded by the FG-083? (i think its 083 thats on it now)....Every wizard and online thingy tells me to put a FG-986B on it, only the fuel lines on that filter are too small to fit the lines on the car- like the FG-986B was a v6 filter and mine has 3/8" fuel lines.

Has anyone else run into this? oh yea, my car has never had the "Ford-R" clips on it either....What gives, either i have a bastard car or im lucky the fuel filter has never blown off.(again) Anyhow, i have 50k on this filter and i want to change it again, im just tired of being sent the wrong filter and being told IM WRONG!!

ok im better now.

Ive had my ls for 60k miles and the first time I changed my fuel filter is was a week later and in the UP, I was spraying fuel all over the road..enough the advancetrack was kicking in. The culprit?! a cheap ass Chinese filter....the filter tubes/barbs were too small and one blew out pumping GALLONS of fuel onto the road while on my way to the bar...(i was pissed enough at her i left her in the parking lot and had a good night in Marquette :D )

My '03 v8 manual says to use a FG-1011 fuel filter, and that was apparently superseded by the FG-083? (i think its 083 thats on it now)....Every wizard and online thingy tells me to put a FG-986B on it, only the fuel lines on that filter are too small to fit the lines on the car- like the FG-986B was a v6 filter and mine has 3/8" fuel lines.

Has anyone else run into this? oh yea, my car has never had the "Ford-R" clips on it either....What gives, either i have a bastard car or im lucky the fuel filter has never blown off.(again) Anyhow, i have 50k on this filter and i want to change it again, im just tired of being sent the wrong filter and being told IM WRONG!!

ok im better now.

Did you buy the car new or used? If used, maybe the previous owner lost the clips. I suspect that you had the right size filter. The lines won't stay locked on without those clips.

I bought the car in chicago w/ 24,104. The fuel filter that was on it im pretty sure it was original (staining and being an FG-1011) Anyhow, i was pulling in to work and i saw my check engine light flash....sure enough it was missing on a cylinder...so now when i my FG-1083 fuel filter arrives it will be arriving with 2 coil packs too.

I had the campaign work done last year and the tech told me "the wiper motor bracket seal does not appear to leak." I asked if he even looked at the bracket to see the water staining. "there didnt appear to be any water under the ignition coil covers." well no crap!! I park under a car port and im gone 2-3 weeks a month! i can wash my car in june and its still clean in august! Oh well, at least ford paid for the valve cover gasket set.

Its a damn good thing i love this car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back