For the life of me, I can't make this choice.

Upstairs Chris

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright so I've been battling this question back and forth in my head for weeks now.

To plastic dip the wheels and grill or not? Don't mind the dirt, I am not off till Sunday, but seriously I can not make up my mind.

Its not ceramic white, its cashmere, which is the part I am getting hung up on I think. If it were ceramic white, then I would do this in a heartbeat.

Just some opinions.

IMAG0268.jpg

No...leave the grille as is and get different wheels.

No...leave the grille as is and get different wheels.

184952-1up_large.jpg

After my experience, I'm going to say don't plasti-dip a damn thing. User error on my part but still. At least don't touch the grille. I would get different wheels, keep the current ones for winter, assuming there is a snowy winter season where you're from, plasti-dip if you wish and there ya go.

If you do decide to go black with plasti-dip I have a full can and three cans of glossifier I can send your way real cheap. I had it left over after attempting to do my wheels.

If you dip the chrome slats and not the surround, it would look boss.

PlastiDip is like 4 dollars a can, it is worth the 20 bucks of dip to answer a question.

What do you guys mean by plastic dip? Any pics of this. I just uploaded some pics of a few changes I made to my LS and absolutely LOVE IT!!! See the "I just Pimped my Ride" thread for pics.

Negative.

LSE grille plus chrome wheels is boss.

Especially on a cashmere lincoon ls. Tinted windows and the chrome grill and wheels look awesome.

IMO on stop signs car (not dissing) the plasti dip on the lower grill and grill make the car look older, dirty, I don't know it does not appeal to me at all.

I like the chrome on the cashmere. Just my opinion.

Negative.

LSE grille plus chrome wheels is boss.

I've been turned off by chrome because so many people go way overboard with it. I just think it looks cheap. Especially a chrome piece of plastic. The LSE grille is not as bad as the regular grille. I went ahead and got rid of all the chrome on my car. To each his own though. As a matter of fact I think I'm going to repaint my grille and rear surround soon. It was cold when I did it so the painting conditions were not the best. Well this is about to turn into a long post about not a whole lot, so back to my drink.

Especially on a cashmere lincoon ls. Tinted windows and the chrome grill and wheels look awesome.

IMO on stop signs car (not dissing) the plasti dip on the lower grill and grill make the car look older, dirty, I don't know it does not appeal to me at all.

I like the chrome on the cashmere. Just my opinion.

Awww lol. Idk I go back and forth with it

What's there to decide? Just 'dip the grille, and peel it off if you don't like it.

Members online

Back