? for those who have done the Spring conversions..

DropDTop

LVC Member
Reaction score
I noticed alot of Mark VIII guys are doing the coversion,, what I would like to know is for those of you who have done it.. when it comes to the rear conversion, how do the springs locate themselves in the perch? does anyone have a pic of this or how its done?

I'm currently in the process of installing the Aluminum lower control arms on my tbird to replace the heavy steel pieces and the tbird sprind fit on a locating bump on the top but the spring is to narrow for the bottom. from the pics of the complete packages Ive seen looks like the springs for these conversions are the similar if not the same as the Tbird ones.

Brad

here ya go: My "how to" article with pics to enlarge

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/850999

see the rectangular hole in the bottom, off the the side of the cup? Line the cut/blunt edge of the coil in this rectangular hole. Try to match each side so the cut coil end is positioned into the center of this hole. Funny, how a car that was supposed to (and I quote some) "never meant to have coil springs on them", the rear lower control arms have coil provisions molded into them(go figure)

850999_16_full.jpg

850999_18_full.jpg

This is how it is centered in the top:

850999_20_full.jpg

My rear ride height, on perfectly level ground, doesnt fluctuate more than 1/16th of an inch.

Thanks! cant get a better answer then that!

just curious now who did you get the package from? from the ones I've seen look like thay have some type of centering ring and rubber isolator on the bottom of the spring. cause would spring to aluminum squeak and am worried about the spring walking in the perch.

My rear swaybar is Addco 1-1/4" and no rubber lower spring isolators needed. The T-Birds use them from the factory. If you do buy some from say, MN-12performance.com, they will raise the rear ride height about 1/2"

I have near 50k on rear coils, with no perch/isolators, and they are just fine.

I just used the polyurethane spring isolator on the bottom of the springs. I am using Eibach lowering springs. With the isolator, the ride height is just about perfect. The top of the rear fender arch is about 1/2" above the top of the tire (stock tire size)

i converted to the spring kit what is the wire to cut to get rid of the error messages and ect from the computer in tha car?

What I'm wondering since I wan to do that as well to my 98 MK8 is that ... is the setup exactly same as it is for 96 and below models?

Members online

No members online now.
Back