Found This HP Calculator ???

Don Pfau

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've seen Drag times calculator and when you enter the info it say it's to calculate the rear wheel HP but when it gives you the results it says it's crank HP. But then I found this calculator. http://www.fastcoolcars.com/hp_calculator.htm and here are the results of two of my time slips.

A09.jpg

A04b.jpg

A17.jpg

A06d.jpg

No I haven't had it dynoed. Here is what it says at Drag time. Notice were you click on to calculate it says it will be rear wheel horse power but when you get the results it says it is flywheel.

A08a.jpg

A09c.jpg

A10a.jpg

That calculator can't account for gearing/converter that well.... I ran a 13.21 @ 102 in my Cougar that makes 235rwhp. That calculator says I should be making 315rwhp.

Although in your case it probably isn't all that far off. I would say your car is right around 360-370rwhp @ 7lbs.

Very nice car Thomas. Have you ran it ?? So the calculator at the top is wrong ?? Thanks, I was tring to calculate rear wheel HP. Aprox

Which one? Yes, I've run them all ;) The Mark VIII's ET is limited by a near stock converter. It's way too tight and actually bogs off the line. Best time is a 12.96 @ 110. The car has trapped as high as 114, but the converter and resulting 60' times kill the ET.

Thomas

Members online

Back