Fried Avic ;(

svince1884

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I'm pretty sure I fried my Avic D3 today. Accidentally touched the yellow power wire to a ground, and then the system shutoff and wouldn't come on. After that I decided to pull it out and replace the factory disc changer. After hooking up the factory harness's that wouldn't come on neither. Is it possibe that a fuse blew when I touched the power, and ground? If so where is it located? Also where is the fuse located for the front cigarette lighter?

Need some help here.

check your fuse panel... where all the other fuses are...

Just a thought here...................

Well I'm pretty sure I fried my Avic D3 today. Accidentally touched the yellow power wire to a ground, and then the system shutoff and wouldn't come on. After that I decided to pull it out and replace the factory disc changer. After hooking up the factory harness's that wouldn't come on neither. Is it possibe that a fuse blew when I touched the power, and ground? If so where is it located? Also where is the fuse located for the front cigarette lighter?

Need some help here.

But if you can't even find the fuses in the car that you are working on, maybe you really shouldn't be trying to install a stereo. These are expensive cars to be burning to the ground because you hooked a wire to the wrong place. And no I am not trying to be a smart azz. I am trying to save your car from the char-broiled interior appearance.

That's definitely a fuse and why you're supposed to disconnect the negative battery cable when doing work like this.

Trust me I know

Obviously I know how expensive the car is, I BOUGHT IT! I didn't connect them that way, I was doing the Avic bypass when they just accidently touched; however I should have disconnected the battery.
I know where the fuse box's are. There is one in the trunk, and one under the hood. I checked all the 5, 10, 15, 20, etc. I even checked the fuse in the back of the Avic unit, but they looked fine. I was specifically looking for the exact fuse.

Rrr

I don't mean to be a smartazz neither. I'm just really bummed out, and hoping to get it working again. Anybody know how much it costs to get that thing repaired?

I should also add that the power wire was the yellow wire coming from the harness, and the ground was coming from the stock harness.

Obviously I know how expensive the car is, I BOUGHT IT! I didn't connect them that way, I was doing the Avic bypass when they just accidently touched; however I should have disconnected the battery.
I know where the fuse box's are. There is one in the trunk, and one under the hood. I checked all the 5, 10, 15, 20, etc. I even checked the fuse in the back of the Avic unit, but they looked fine. I was specifically looking for the exact fuse.

I know some don’t want to read the owner’s manual, you forgot the fuse panel in the right-hand side kick panel.

Radio: fuse location #2, 5A.

I down loaded my manual and just open it from my computer.

Where

Thanks....I'll try that first thing in the morning. Where did you get your owners manual from?

Thanks....I'll try that first thing in the morning. Where did you get your owners manual from?

Top of this page under TECH ARTICLES next to SEARCH,
down on the left under Lincoln Tech - LS, find your year or a year near yours; then you can look up from your computer.

one more thing to add... I believe you have just blown a fuse, and I'm pretty sure the avic is fine.

Hope it wasn't the Avic D3, there expensive.

If I remember correctly, there should be a fuse right on the Avic D3 or in it or some what like that, just incase an incident like this would've happend.

Hold on, I'll check mines now, its in the box, i havn't installed it in my LS yet.

EDIT :: Yes there is, its a 10

Located in the bottom right hand side, on the back on the Avic.

I can almost assure you it's a fuse, and NOT the Avic. Any power surges to the avic, and the avics fuse would have blown first.

Combine that with the fact that your factor unit didnt work either, and you have a blown fuse somewhere in the car.

Members online

Back