From the cats WOW!

whatsupadrian

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
OMG today i was removing my resonators finally to try and get some more volume from my magnaflows. I cut off my resonators and before welding on a strait pipe i decided to see what it sounds like strait from the cats... OMG it was so loud and amazing. I didn't want to put the pipes back on. But then i realized that the first cop i pass by will roll me for it.

1 question.
Do naturally asperated cars really need backpressure to run properly.or does zero back pressure actually give less preformance?

BTW i put the strait pipe on finally and it sounds a lot nicer without the resonators using stock pipes.

Even if you put pipes on from the cats back you're still going to have more than enough back pressure for the engine. The cats are a lot more restrictive than you think, a lot more.

To the best of my knoweldge, the only thing that back pressure provides for is balance, and not buring exhaust valves. How much is too much and not enough? Couldn't tell ya. I'm not a big fan of NASCAR, but those things run 500 miles at 6-10 k rpm and all they have are pipes to keep the floor from catching fire. I'll see what I can learn.

Members online

No members online now.
Back