gas tank lid wont open

dudez_link

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
so i went to the gas station today and when i get out to pump, the lid on the tank wont open. i can hear the click when i push the button but it doesnt pop open. im running low on gas so i think it might be nice to get it open before i run out...id rather take care of it than take it in. any one have any ideas? thanks

Open your trunk, look over on the passenger side, and pull the emergency gas lid release.

Fill tank.

Open your trunk, look over on the passenger side, and pull the emergency gas lid release.

Fill tank.

+1 :)

I had to pull the interior out of the rear of my RX-7 once at a gas station to unhook the cable. I was on empty at the pump and heard the cable break when I pulled the lever! :mad:

I had this problem on my 04. I just sprayed some lube into the latch, and its worked fine since.

Try this...before you shut the engine off press the button and in my experience it then pops open, then turn the car off. Seems to be vacum operated and pressure is at it's greatest when the car is running.

Try this...before you shut the engine off press the button and in my experience it then pops open, then turn the car off. Seems to be vacum operated and pressure is at it's greatest when the car is running.

It is an electric solenoid, not vacuum.

Maybe you just had your tongue on the wrong side of your mouth when you turn the car off.:biggrin:

whatever the reason, it does seem to open easier if the car is running.

Higher voltage to the solenoid while the engine is running...

any snow or ice near the gas door keeps it from opening. i'm pretty sure just extreme cold does too. i've had to pop the trunk use the emrgency cord and then still use my keyys to pry it open several times this winter.

Members online

No members online now.
Back