Gen 2 Intake Manifold on Gen 1?

catch_15

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here but did a search and didn't really come up with anything. I have a buddy with a Gen 2 intake lying around that I can pretty much have. I know the Gen 2 is rated at 10 more HP than the Gen 1.
My question is, would swapping over to the Gen 2 intake give me any performance gains over the Gen 1 intake. All I have found in the search is info on the cobra intake swap.
Thanks for your help.

I dont think the hood will clear it, but on top of that it is more restrictive than the manifold you have on it already! So you would lose power instead of gain any!!!
Gen 1= less restrictive intake, more restrictive exhaust
Gen 2=more restrictive intake, less restrictive exhaust

So the power is the same on a gen 1 and gen 2! The LSC models have less restrictive exhaust so that is where the claimed 10 extra HP come from!!

Your going to lose all your low end. I wouldn't do it. If your going to that much trouble I'd do a cobra intake swap.

won't work. And the lsc was the one with 10 more horse. I think it was due to tune.

Thanks for the responses guys. I knew there was probably a reason why I couldn't find much info about it lol. I do have another question though. Has anybody here done a 96-98 cobra intake cam swap? And if so, does it give any SOTP gain in power?

Gen 1 intake is about the same as a Cobra intake. No change, really.

The only guys that really benefit form the Cobra is the Gen II owners.

And as mentioned, fitment issues anyway. Whereas a Gen II can take a Cobra intake very well.

However, swap some C heads in there and go for a Mach or 2001 Cobra intake and you WILL fir in a Gen one :D

It does fit. I just got done with a full gen 2 intake swap on my 96 lincoln mark viii. I recently got a gen 2 intake from a junkyard along with the throttle cable and vacuum hoses and ordered the fuel rail and throttle body. But the vacuum hoses come off as awhole piece together and fit directly and the fuel lines from the gen 1 mark viii wont fit so you gotta use a gen 2 fuel line along with the fuel rail. I wasnt able to get the fuel line so from my 96 mustang i was able to use the fuel connectors and just extented my fuel line to fit across to the passenger side fuel rail.. the idle air control connector has to be extended and i entended it with my connector from my 96 mustang gt's.. theres a little bit different hoses that come with the gen 2 intake that replace the old ones like the pcv hose that connects with a T to the intake plenum.. i will post pictures of the swap and i do have a 96 mustang gt that im using for spare parts for because some parts are the same..at the moment my idle air control is out and im using my mustang iac and is working.. i honestly like the intake from a gen 2 better than a gen 1 because if you know the gen one throttle body is buried in the fire wall almost and the gen 2 is similar to a mach 1 or 2000s cobra intake. I know i forgot a few other details but i will answer some thanks

Heres some pictures of it fully done.. mind the egr delete plate. Before installing it i ported the intake to the same opening as the imrc plate and it was a big port i did for it and was worth it.. i am running a 2000 ford taurus imrc and is the same as a mark viii other then that.. my car is a 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC with a Gen 2 intake swap everything is stock

20240628_200842.jpg

20240628_200057.jpg

20240628_200246.jpg

Members online

Back