Getting a LS8 for free

curt941

LVC Member
Reaction score
My grandparents are giving me their Gen 2 LS8. It's either a 2004 or 2005.

What do I need to know? My grandfather said he recently replaced some components of the a/c system and other then that he hasn't had any issues.

I'll be selling the 2007 Civic Si sedan i currently have because not having a car payment is better than having one.

I noticed a lot of people get custom exhaust done to open up the v8 a little, is there no boxed system ready to be bolted on?

What about sprint vs eibach springs? Seem to be the only choices available.

The 5x108 bolt pattern is a little rare, but I found these wheels that look sick...pretty much Audi RS4 replicas.

Well, lay it on me people, what do I need to know?

Depending on mileage, be ready to change out most of the car's cooling components. They will eventually fail.

Same goes for coils, but those are covered by Ford for 10 years or 100k miles (whichever comes first) - look up R07M07.

As far as aftermarket goes, there is no market lol.

If you are experiencing a problem, search. Chances are it has been covered before.

Good luck, and welcome aboard :)

It's got ~70k miles right now, and I drive very few miles. I think i've put 6k miles on my civic and i've had it for nearly 10 months now.

My grandparents are giving me their Gen 2 LS8. It's either a 2004 or 2005.

What do I need to know? My grandfather said he recently replaced some components of the a/c system and other then that he hasn't had any issues.

I'll be selling the 2007 Civic Si sedan i currently have because not having a car payment is better than having one.

I noticed a lot of people get custom exhaust done to open up the v8 a little, is there no boxed system ready to be bolted on?

What about sprint vs eibach springs? Seem to be the only choices available.

The 5x108 bolt pattern is a little rare, but I found these wheels that look sick...pretty much Audi RS4 replicas.

Well, lay it on me people, what do I need to know?

pretty good intro...shows u know at least somethin about the damn car. anyway...take a look at my lincoln ls guide it will answer most of the questions you have. pm me if you have anymore questions and ill try to help.

rims look nice...should def get those as no one on here has them yet and they look awesome.

get eibachs...pretty much the only springs available for the ls and the drop is a tasteful 1.5 drop after settling.

as far as exhaust goes...depends on what type of set up ur going for. if its a 2nd gen no exhaust really super improves the exhaust since the 2nd gen ls already has an awesome flowing exhaust system. only thing you can improve is the sound and most people go with an x pipe to replace the resonators/h-pipe and either get some custom mufflers or straight pipe after the x pipe, with mine being the latter. go straight pipe or die!!!! also f*ck you!!

Welcome aboard!

Nice deal you got there. I am on my phone and the wheels photo will not load, but the price seems good for 19s and tires.

LCN-260-GMT-TIRES-5.jpg

Congrats on getting an LS8....keep her well mainted and you will love it.

much better than a civic si in pretty much all aspects except for mileage.

Welcome. Pictures?

Wheels are nice. They have been posted a few times recently but no one here has bought some yet.

You can't get sprints anymore unless you're lucky enough to find someone getting rid of them from their ls. EIbachs only, but they offer a decent drop for daily driving.

You'll get minimal gains from exhaust so most do go for sound on gen2's. I've gone from borla, to flowmasters, to now magnaflows. Maganflows dont sound as loud as flowsmaster but gain me 8 hp over the flows.

My Jesus Phone is evil. Wait what?

And yea those wheels look good, someone needs to finally pull the trigger. This forum is all talk with no execution!

Well, I won't be getting the car till the new year. They're going to buy a new car and he didn't want to bother with having to trade this one in, plus he knew my wife's lease was coming up soon so he figured we could use another car.

If they still have those wheels when I get my car I will definitely try them out.

Sucks to hear about the sprint springs, I saw some pictures on here and the drop looked perfect.

Wow pektel, they ripped you off.. my DynaTAC 8000x let's me surf the web, send pictures and text messages, and check my e-mail.. that bag phone must have been the free one..

:lol:

Here is my thread I posted on those wheels a few months back. I went with sentas but I agree with andrizzle, SOMEONE ON HERE SHOULD PULL THE TRIGGER ON THESE!!

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=67002

I dont know what color your future LS is but there is a Photoshop in there too that might help you make your decision.

And welcome!

And btw how is the performance on those little civics stock? I always wanted to race one...with my VW lol not my LS. the LS is a different story :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back