Getting the LS back out..

Outrun

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just getting the LS back out of the driveway..

I'm having a stuttering issue when giving it slight gas while it's in park. As soon as you give it slight gas, it starts stuttering and then revs up normally.

http://yfrog.com/0olsstutterz (video of the stutter, somewhat.)

I'm also having 4 more issues, the airbag light is on and I also remember the car blowing warm air at idle in traffic when the A/C is on. Also I remember the car sometimes would just shutoff while driving it ( all power gets cut and I have to completely shut it down and put it in park before I can start it again).

And finally the RPM gauge is dead (sometimes works sometimes doesn't), when I first start the car it goes up and sometimes all the way past redline and just rests on the speedometer needle that's on 0mph.

Now I remember why I had this thing sitting in my driveway the whole time...

If anyone would like to take the time to tackle these with me, it would be appreciated. =)

My real main concerns are to fix the stutter problem and also fix the random shutoff problem..

First off:

Get a new battery and see what clears up.

Oh and coils looks likely.

Two thoughts---

Wiring/electrical problem

COPs in process of going bad

Good Luck!!!
KS

Just getting the LS back out of the driveway..

I'm having a stuttering issue when giving it slight gas while it's in park. As soon as you give it slight gas, it starts stuttering and then revs up normally.

http://yfrog.com/0olsstutterz (video of the stutter, somewhat.)

I'm also having 4 more issues, the airbag light is on and I also remember the car blowing warm air at idle in traffic when the A/C is on. Also I remember the car sometimes would just shutoff while driving it ( all power gets cut and I have to completely shut it down and put it in park before I can start it again).

And finally the RPM gauge is dead (sometimes works sometimes doesn't), when I first start the car it goes up and sometimes all the way past redline and just rests on the speedometer needle that's on 0mph.

Now I remember why I had this thing sitting in my driveway the whole time...

If anyone would like to take the time to tackle these with me, it would be appreciated. =)

My real main concerns are to fix the stutter problem and also fix the random shutoff problem..

also the airbag light is probably an indication that ur clockspring is on its way out. the ac blowing warm at idle might be the dccv. could be other stuff too but those are the most common issues.

Members online

Back