Good Deal?

BradGad

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2002 LS V8, with 32k miles, for $14,850.

It seems to be in excellent condition... A very minor scuff on the rear bumper and some condensation in one of the headlights. Everything else pristine.

Seems like a good deal to me. What do others think?

I had the same situation except mine had 22k on it and he wanted 15k. No accidents on carfax and in picture perfect condition. So i got it and man do i love it. But i did find a problem. The car was in an accident and was repaired. but when it was hit on the door the track for the window craked and when i my x-gf's best friend in the car playing with the window, it finally snapped. So i basically lost $250 which in the situation was not bad at all. other than that my car is perfect no probelms what so ever. so in saying all that, i say go for it the only thing i would worry about is non insurance involved accidents. and u might need a new headlight which is not expensive and some buffing or painting should get the scuff marks out.

Mysterio505 said:
I had the same situation except mine had 22k on it and he wanted 15k. No accidents on carfax and in picture perfect condition. So i got it and man do i love it. But i did find a problem. The car was in an accident and was repaired. but when it was hit on the door the track for the window craked and when i my x-gf's best friend in the car playing with the window, it finally snapped. So i basically lost $250 which in the situation was not bad at all. other than that my car is perfect no probelms what so ever. so in saying all that, i say go for it the only thing i would worry about is non insurance involved accidents. and u might need a new headlight which is not expensive and some buffing or painting should get the scuff marks out.

:iconcur: Sounds like a great buy...Just bought my 02 LSE V8 about a month and a half ago. Absoulutly love it. Mine only had 11k on it, but for the money vs. milage of this one, it's a lot better deal. As for the head light problem, many have baked their in the oven for a set time to get rid of the condensation and reseal the headlight. Do a search for on it a get more details of what temp, etc. I had the same issue with mine, but opted for the angel eye conversion kit from LSKoncepts. You can check that out here http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=56

I'd say go for it (if no major mechinal issues), full blown....Also do a search for valve gaskets and coils...Some of the more common problems for the 00 to 02 models....Good luck and happy buying!!

The water in the headlights is a good thing it means they should have the gray glue and you can modify them.

Interesting

PM80 said:
The water in the headlights is a good thing it means they should have the gray glue and you can modify them.

Interesting.... I'm not sure what all this involves, but I'll search the threads to educate myself. Thanks.

hey Brad... that means you can take them apart and take out that ugly looking amber corner lens (clearing the headlights) and you could add an angel eye kit to them as well... depending on what color the LS is, you can also paint the housing to match the color of your car... then reseal them after cleaning the moisture out and you're good to go!!

Cool!

Cool!

I haven't bought the car yet. I'm taking it to my mechanic for him to look over on Thursday. If that checks out, and it doesn't get sold first, then I'm hoping to join the crowd here. :)

Black 2002 V8 LS Sport, grey leather interior, 32K miles.

BradGad said:
Cool!

I haven't bought the car yet. I'm taking it to my mechanic for him to look over on Thursday. If that checks out, and it doesn't get sold first, then I'm hoping to join the crowd here. :)

Black 2002 V8 LS Sport, grey leather interior, 32K miles.

I'd advise you to not let this one go. It sounds like a great deal, and you absoutaly love the car. Once you pull out of the dealership, you'll never turn back.

Oh well

Oh well.... took the car to my mechanic. Too much rust damage: it was a fleet vehicle up in Michigan till now. I'm in Atlanta; we don't do the rust thing.

So, back to the hunt!

Brad, Rust damage on a 2002? I have yet to see a 2002 honda with rust,as they are the rust kings-honda's are notorious for rust in wheel openings on quarter panels,"doglegs"(area between rear door and rear wheel),and lower front fenders.So how could a '02 Lincoln have rust damage?Other than a shoddy collision repair like exposed welds on a replaced quarter or sheetmetal that was not properly sealed/primed,I cannot see this car having any significant oxidation on the body structure.Just curious as I do this for a living and winter in my area is HARSH on vehicles.Good luck finding your car and welcome to LVC!

Members online

No members online now.
Back