Google's great new feature......

1wykdmk8

LvC Dues Collector
Reaction score
Google has implemented a new feature wherein you can type someone's telephone number into the search bar and hit enter and then you will be given a map to their house. Everyone should be aware of this! Note that you can have your phone number removed or blocked. Before forwarding this, I tested it by typing my telephone number in google.com.

My phone number came up, and when I clicked on the MapQuest link, it actually mapped out where I live. Quite scary. Please look up your own number. Read below for details. Think about it--if a child, ANYONE gives out his/her phone number, someone can actually now look it up to find out where he/she lives. The safety issues are obvious, and alarming. In order to test whether your phone number is mapped, go to: [urk=http://www.google.com]Google[/url], and type your phone number in the search bar and hit enter. If you want to BLOCK Google from divulgingyour private information, simply click on the telephone icon next to your phone number. Removal takes 48-hours. If you are unlisted in the phone book, you might not be in there, but it is a good idea just to check. If your number does come up if you hit map, it will show you a direct map to your house...Please forward on to friends and family.

This is
not a joke. If you want your phone number removed, please follow the directions.
:Bang

This has been available for a while on alot of "white pages" sites. Google is just making it easier.If you have an unlisted number, I don't think that it will work.

I'm not listed

My number isn't listed so you can't find me.

Call me paranoid, but my number has been unlisted ever since I can remember and certainly way before the internet became as ubiquitous as it is today.

Also, like Crazyman said, this isn't anything new. You could have done this back in the late 90s on Bell Atlantic's old web site. For those that don't remember, Bell Atlantic became Verizon after it merged with NYNEX.

Yup and Sprint had a firewall and Mitnick couldn't find them either.

SilverCTS05 said:
My number isn't listed so you can't find me.

Call me paranoid, but my number has been unlisted ever since I can remember and certainly way before the internet became as ubiquitous as it is today.

Also, like Crazyman said, this isn't anything new. You could have done this back in the late 90s on Bell Atlantic's old web site. For those that don't remember, Bell Atlantic became Verizon after it merged with NYNEX.

Yeah, I know all that, but did any of those things you mentioned give you a freakin MAP to your house???? I do not think so. This makes it THAT much easier........ :Beer

Yup that's scary. DOesn't work for cell phones though. Ya know,,,maybe not having a land line IS a good idea. I always feel like a need one though. Why?

Members online

Back