Got my first car and need some advice

SupplyCoffee

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I’m currently stuck on trying to find fixes to a couple issues I have in my first car, 1998 Lincoln mark viii lsc, I got it for a whopping 1,100$, with no major problems, asides from my steering wheel not tilting and being freely moving up down left right, everything still seems to work on the wheel asides from brights not staying on unless held, it even spins inside during memory mode(which I def need to disable) and then my drivers side seat does the same, everything works inside, and corrasponds with the button, but does not move forward or back, anyone can give any advice, and an idea of where I should start. have pictures of there dash/chairs when taken apart etc it would be a huge huge help.

This is the best write up on chair motors. All tho, there is a plastic gear drive in the seat that has alot to do with movement and it simply wears out. Not sure on where that one is located. One guy found that if the seat tracks are not flat as built, tightening them down on the no so flat floor, binds the tracks up making the motors work hard and fail as some point with lazy front to back movement. On the lazy issue, apparently if you loosen up the seat base bolts and the seat glide is smoother, you need to washer up what ever leg is pinching down the tracks. Hope this helps.

Members online

Back