Hard shifts

dawozman1

LVC Member
Reaction score
When shifting from park to reverse and from neutral to drive the tranny shifts hard and sort of jerks the car..... any ideas?

You most likely need a new solenoid pack. Do a search, a lot on that topic.

Not knowing what year your LS; there is a TSB for 2004, IMPROPERLY FORMULATED TRANSMISSION FLUID THAT, OVER TIME, MAY CAUSE DELAYED/HARSH REVERSE ENGAGEMENTS. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM 04B22. 5R55S/E & 5R44E TRANSMISSION FLUID ADDITIVE.

if i park on a hill and then put my car in reverse it does that...i just figured it was because of the hill...my shifter gets a little sticky too...like it doesnt want to go into reverse...

if i park on a hill and then put my car in reverse it does that...i just figured it was because of the hill...my shifter gets a little sticky too...like it doesnt want to go into reverse...

When parking on a hill you should always set the emergency brake first before putting in park. The car can roll after you put in park and put pressure on the gear and make it difficult to shift out of gear, this hold true for manual shift also. Nothing worse than having to try and rock your car with one foot out the door to get it out of gear on a hill.

When parking on a hill you should always set the emergency brake first before putting in park. The car can roll after you put in park and put pressure on the gear and make it difficult to shift out of gear, this hold true for manual shift also. Nothing worse than having to try and rock your car with one foot out the door to get it out of gear on a hill.

yeah, i'm going to start doing that...

Dawozman is so self-absorbed, he thinks we all remember what LS he has (Just kidding. Kind of. :D ).

Seriously, dude, you need to do a search or two before you make a post. We know you're a "Gen Y" who is used to having everything given to you, including your LS, but please do a little work and search the forums yourself first.

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

Hmm, I learn something new everyday.

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.
Back