Headlight Issue

jcrosie001

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok one of my headlights went out on the passenger side of my 97 mark...I want to know if there is any cheap way to fix or get a new bulb because im about to sell my car and i dont want to spend a bunch of money on getting it fixed...

if your going to sell it soon i'd just get a used one off ebay.

How many bulbs r n each head lamp? i still get some light jus nowhere close to as bright as the driver's side

2 on each side. turn on the dims and if you got them both you are in luck. the bright should be a walmart special. or ebay for the sale will be the cheapest. saw one today for 150. cheap!!! lol.

your low beam bulbs are sylvania 9500 HID bulbs, cant buy them new, only option if you want the same bulb is a used one off ebay. your high beam bulbs are regular halogen bulbs a few bucks each. if you are selling the car and dont want to pay the money for a used HID bulbs, if the potential buyer knows anything about the car, plan on that person haggling at least the price of a bulb off the price you ask for the car, or, spend the money for a bulb and thats one less thing the buyer is gonna beat you up over on the price!!!

You undo 3 bolts, pull the headlight out, take the dust cover off, pull the bulb off, reverse for the reinstall...

...I want to know if there is any cheap way to fix or get a new bulb ...

Short answer? No.

Like Jamie said, let the buyer haggle the price down on you, or pony up for a used bulb. Unfortunately, you don't really have any other options.

Short answer? No.

Like Jamie said, let the buyer haggle the price down on you, or pony up for a used bulb. Unfortunately, you don't really have any other options.

short answer-yes and no. by the description it could be the bright bulb....then super cheap.

"How many bulbs r n each head lamp? i still get some light jus nowhere close to as bright as the driver's side"

read the description again, still getting some light but not as bright as driverside means they have a hid bulb that has died, still some light, i have 3 in my tool box that still have some light, thats a bad hid bulb, if the high beam was burnt out, there would be NO light what so ever! halogen lights either work, or they dont, hid's when dead will still illuminate very dim.

in a nutshell you are screwed, your pass side hid low beam bulb needs to either be replaced or sell the car as is.

Members online

Back