heater core???

hyeroller454

LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 95 lincoln mark VIII and the heater core jus recently went out and i have fixed them before but never on a lincoln lol i jus took a glance but did not see it so i was wondering if anyone knew about where the heater core is located and if its a hard fix? any help will be appreciated thanks

As far as I know the dash has to come out. Its not an easy task.

How did it go out? Leak all over? Its an active core, so its always hot.

yea it leaked all over the passenger floorboard it was a mess cleaning it up now i need to fix it lol.....i kno its not an "easy" fix it took me 4 hours to take one out of a sable before but i cant even find it in the mark

Its 8.5 hours book time if you have done one in a mark before, Most of us here don't drive a mark in the winter so just by-pass it with a u shaped tube on the back side of the motor.

But if you do want to fix it look for the tranny dipstick and you will see the heater core hoses and where the go into the firewall and you will have to take the whole dash out and prob the seats and center counsel too just to make it easier to work on. Make sure you have at least two days to do this.

just got my 95 back together after getting the heater core done it's a major pain in the ass, save it for a weekend it might take 2 days if you need to find some part...make sure to buy some heater core hoses also because it's easier to just saw through them and replace, the hoses are hard to find, call max at fivestar link on right side.

I have a question in regard to my car, couple months ago I had dirty off color coolant in my res fearing it my be a head gasket I took it to a shop and they said it was not oil in the coolant somebody before me had put in some sort of stop leak stuff, they said they got it all out and but did not find a leak anywhere... the coolant got dirty again

then when I replaced my heater core It was rusty as hell and full of rusty water everywhere so I figure that must be the crap in the coolant.

but when I was re-filling coolant with add to any color coolant in the cross over tube the coolant was foamy as it overflowed from the funnel also there was a coolant smell from the exhaust... my buddies were like oh sh*t close the hood and just sell it's probably the head gasket.

does anybody think it might not be as horrible as it sounds? i'm gonna get a pressure test from fl when i get my recall done hopefully this week, is there anything I should have them look at

You could have a cracked block, or blown head gasket. They prolly put straight water and some Bars leak head gasket repair stuff in. If you have a coolant smell from the exhaust , its a good indication of a problem.

I had a preasure test today and everything is ok I think my car is just possesed by satan

i started my heater core "project" today and got about as far as getting the dash out...WHEW!!!! that was a pain in the a$$ but hopefully tommorow i will get the old heater core out and put the new one in and start putting it back together.....thanks for all of your help

remember to put towels down, lot of coolant will come out when you take out the core

Members online

No members online now.
Back