Help! My passenger front window will not roll up!!!! Is there a TSB???

rg200amp

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a iddse I need help with.
2004 LS V8 with 3.8l with 87,000 miles.
My front passenger side window was down all day. I went to roll it up and I heard a loud CRACK and now the window will not roll up. The glass is not broken. I think the glass fell out of the tracks. I can not see or touch the window from the gasket. This leads me to think it fell out of the track.

I searched TSBs but I did not see anything. Anyone know anything about this???

Also. I have a issue with my heat/cool seats. When I turn the heat or cool on it will stay on for like 1-2 min. Then it will shut off. It will not allow me to turn them back on. When I hit the button to turn them on, the green lights just blink once, and it remains off. I have on lights or warnings on.

I found this:
TSB Number:040402 NHTSA Number:10013114 TSB Date:January 1, 2004 Date Added to File:April 8, 2005
Failing Component:
Seats: Front Assembly Seat Heater/Cooler
Summary:
Climate controlled seats turning off shortly after initialization - diagnostic trouble codes B2729, B2730, B2731.

Will Ford fix this issue for free?

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP YOU CAN GIVE!!!

Hello all. I have a iddse I need help with.
2004 LS V8 with 3.8l with 87,000 miles.
My front passenger side window was down all day. I went to roll it up and I heard a loud CRACK and now the window will not roll up. The glass is not broken. I think the glass fell out of the tracks. I can not see or touch the window from the gasket. This leads me to think it fell out of the track.

I searched TSBs but I did not see anything. Anyone know anything about this???

Also. I have a issue with my heat/cool seats. When I turn the heat or cool on it will stay on for like 1-2 min. Then it will shut off. It will not allow me to turn them back on. When I hit the button to turn them on, the green lights just blink once, and it remains off. I have on lights or warnings on.

I found this:
TSB Number:040402 NHTSA Number:10013114 TSB Date:January 1, 2004 Date Added to File:April 8, 2005
Failing Component:
Seats: Front Assembly Seat Heater/Cooler
Summary:
Climate controlled seats turning off shortly after initialization - diagnostic trouble codes B2729, B2730, B2731.

Will Ford fix this issue for free?

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP YOU CAN GIVE!!!

No, you are out of factory warranty and no extended warrant on your problem.

rg200,
Sorry, I cannot help you with the seats, HOWEVER, I can tell you what the problem likely is with the window. In all likelihood, the window regulator broke. The regulator is an assembly with the metal rails on which there are plastic sliders that are connected to a wire running in a figure 8 configuration around the ends of the rails. The window motor itself bolts to this to raise the window up and down and the window sits on those sliders. What likely happened is that those sliders broke, which necessitates a replacement of the entire regulator. Just google lincoln ls window regulator and you'll find them. However, the only way to know what actually happened is to take the door panel off and have a look. As for the regulator, the part itself cost about 80 or so bucks direct from Ford.

paco

Also had the same problem with my seat heater/cooler. Apperently there is an electric motor under each seat and when it goes you have that problem.
Mine was replaced under warranty.
The Lincoln/Ford code was DTC. B2521 and they replaced the blower fan according to their workorder.
Hope this helps.

I have some regulators up for grabs:D

All it did was come OFF your window regulator...happened to my rear passenger window after putting in my exhaust....it cost me 200 bucks to fix it since i'm mechanically impared :p

The r/f regulator is a 4W4Z-5423208-aa listing for 93.88 and LVC$$ is $61.02 plus shipping, in stock ready to ship. That blower assy for the seat can be expensive...368.00 for l/s and 355.00 for r/s retail.

max

Also had the same problem with my seat heater/cooler. Apperently there is an electric motor under each seat and when it goes you have that problem.
Mine was replaced under warranty.
The Lincoln/Ford code was DTC. B2521 and they replaced the blower fan according to their workorder.
Hope this helps.

Also, check for crushed duct work and clogged filters.

Same thing happened to me today!! except i can see my window. I rolled it all the way down and tried to roll it up and it doesn't move. i can hear the motor running and some grinding but the window won't move. Something in the door rattles when i shut the door and go over bumps (only when the window is open though). Do I have the same problem here?

Sounds like it. I haven't had this happen to me but I did just get done removing all of the window regulators so I see how they work and attach to the window. The front windows seem like they could easily become disconnected from the regulator. I wouldn't play with it to much or you may just be damaging the regulator motor or some part of the assembly.

Oh, I am also doing a write up soon on how to remove the door panels and get to the regulator for the rear doors(the fronts are very similar).

I still have a passenger side regulator for sale too! $30 + shipping.

this happened to me in both front doors of my 03.

I was in a hurry, and "just paid whatever.. " I think it was $300 parts and labor at the Ford dealer, $280 at the second place I went to. Looks like I got ripped off.

Members online

No members online now.
Back