Help...valve cover bolts

Sarge

LVC Member
Reaction score
I screwed up when doing my driver's side vcg's. I have 14 bolts hoding the valve covers on. 5 of these bolts are longer than the rest...where do the 5 longer ones go? I am an idiot and didn't make note of this when taking them off. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Hunter

Actually all but one of the valve cover bolts should stay attached to the cover. The furthest back top one is removable.

By longer do you mean there are threads above the bolt head and you need a deep well socket to get at? If so, those belong along the top of the valve cover. Also there is a "long" one towards the front on the bottom that the oil level dipstick tube attaches to.

No, there are longer bolts and shorter bolts on the VC. I believe the longer ones go where there is a little jog on the VC. Im gonna check out what they really are though in the workshop manual... please hold... hehe

I think this is what he meant by long bolts. And there are 5 on the driver side. 4 across the top middle and one on the bottom that the dipstick attaches to.

IMAG0155.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back