Help with cut fuel hose

jamesdevildog

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Im currently in the process of replacing the valve cover gaskets in my 03 ls v8. I couldnt remove the fuel hose that is above the left valve cover so i cut it in a fit of rage :mad:. Ive searched the ford parts online store and cannot find the part number for this little black fuel hose. Can someone tell me the part number for this, or am i able to use some generic hose from an auto parts store? Thanks for the help!

P.S. this hose has what appears to be hard plastic in the center.

Im currently in the process of replacing the valve cover gaskets in my 03 ls v8. I couldnt remove the fuel hose that is above the left valve cover so i cut it in a fit of rage :mad:. Ive searched the ford parts online store and cannot find the part number for this little black fuel hose. Can someone tell me the part number for this, or am i able to use some generic hose from an auto parts store? Thanks for the help!

P.S. this hose has what appears to be hard plastic in the center.

Max (ad to the right) can identify the part number and order the hose for you. If you have rage issues when working on a car, you shouldn't be working on a car.
BTW, it is beyond easy to disconnect that hose with the right $2 tool.
Generic hose = no.

To patch a hard plastic line properly you would need a compression union fitting of some sort, rated for gasoline and the under-hood temps. No clue where you would get one, and I wouldn't trust any manner of hose barb with plastic hose.

I would just go hit a junkyard in the morning if you have any around you with an LS. I seriously doubt your average ford/lincoln dealer will have one sitting on the shelf, if they are even available anymore.

There were a couple guys on here parting out some LS' in the for sale section. Might try hitting them up for the hose. And the tool you need is for AC/Fuel spring locks. The cheap plastic set is like $2 at most autoparts stores. If they don't know what you are talking about find a different parts guy or a different parts store.

welcome james, just pay me for shipping and I'll send the part you need. I'll stop by my shipper with the hose and get a price, should be cheap.

Does anyone know if it's the same part for an 03 from an 01?

Members online

Back