help with engine problem....

bigtketz165

LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 1995 lincoln conti, and recently the rpms in idle would fluxuate. i cleaned my IAC and it helped for a few weeks but then the surge came back. since then it has started stalling when i come to a stop at a light/stopsign. it also stalls at idle in park sometimes. the first time i brought it to my mechanic of course the problem wouldnt show itself. i had hime replace the IAC with a new one, and i mean brand new not refurb and it seemed to stop the problem......for a grand total of 2 days. now i am going to replace my pcv valve and fuel filter when i get home from work and while at the parts store ill have them scan it(if i have odbii in the car not sure) any other suggestions for me? the car only has 72k on it but it looks to have sat for a while before i bought it 10k ago. one last question as well...i have never done a pcv valve though i understand it is easy, just not sure whjere it is located exactly...is it #1 or #2 in the pic? (stolen pic not actually my car)

lincolnjj4.jpg

number 2! now what do I win? yeah the pvc valve has the rattely thing in it. The breather is number 1. You said all the ideas that came to mind for me the idle problem.

Members online

Back