Help!!!!!!!

BigWaveDave

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok guys before I go to the "stealership" and give them my life savings I need some help.When I bought my ride 2 months ago the air ride was fine.Now when I park it and come back to it the passenger rear is way down low,where the drivers side is fine.Once I crank it and let the air pump do its work it goes MOST of the way back up.The rear bags were replaced right before I got the car,What else could be the problem.The indash computer says that air ride is fine....please someone help me...

There's a minor leak. The computer will only tell you there's a problem with the ride height while it's in motion- not while it's in park. You can either spend $400 on a 4-corner coil conversion, or buy a used rear airbag. I have a spare one laying around if you need it. Easy fix. Don't go to a stealership at all...

i agree, dont go to them. they might tell you that both rear bags need to get changed along w/ the compressor. when i had my air ride suspension, my compressor went. and the stealership told me that both front air struts and compressor needed to be replaced. I told them to go eff themselves!

Ok.. im new to this site as of today and dont know what the hell im doing... anyway i saw "Help!!!!!!" and thats wat i need..

k i need a new 2002 LSE front bumper. I've searched and searched and i cant find any!! chances are im going to just go with a newer years' bumper. now do the fog lights and bolts all line up if i do this? im thinking of going with the 2003.............

If the rear air springs were already replaced, I'd check the solenoid O rings for leaks. You can spray the solenoids, where they go into the airspring, with soapy water and wait and see if you can see any foamy bubbles coming from the area. Or you could just replace them (apply dielectric grease to them when replacing). They are cheap and easy to replace.

MickeyLSE19, you might want to post your question in the LS section here. I'm not sure about the the other Mark VIII owners, but the only thing I know about the LS is that it has a hydraulic radiator fan.:D

If the rear air springs were already replaced, I'd check the solenoid O rings for leaks. You can spray the solenoids, where they go into the airspring, with soapy water and wait and see if you can see any foamy bubbles coming from the area. Or you could just replace them (apply dielectric grease to them when replacing). They are cheap and easy to replace.

100% and i work at a stealership

Thanks Billcu and chicken.And chicken no offense meant.Anyway Im assuming I have to get these o-rings from a dealership right? Also how hard are they to replace and is there a thread with any pics??Thanks for any help,you guys are great

no, no offense taken, as for the o-rings, i cant see why you couldnt get them anywhere, try the soapy water test first then just continue on from there. and most important of all remember to put jack stands under the car when you remove the solenoid from the air spring, cuz they come down fast!

Members online

No members online now.
Back