Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong...

Powrd.LSV8

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here, I've got 02 V8. I've had a Torrie tune for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. I found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the exhaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.
I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. and the check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.

Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about LS's.

trolling-400x345.jpg

Well done, sir!

trolling-400x345.jpg

You did what!!!!!????? You no doubt destroyed your engine!!! You can't P&P heads with them on the car especially with it running! Your engine is toast :( and with no rebuild kits for these engines your best bet is to find a used one and swap it out

Step 1: Use your brain
Step 2: Replace coils
Step 3: Use your brain

Really, another one?!? Well welcome to the new LvC. Now go run a bunch of water through it to flush out the sand...

u sent 12.5 pounds of sand throught ur car ? if u heard how stupid that sounds u prob wudnt have done that , but ima agree with all of the above and say ur engine and who knws what else is done for , before doing a mod might wanna consult with the LVC braintrust first jsr for future reference , good luck with ur issue

arizona beach front land for sale

someone should have swallowed years ago....lmao....

You did what!!!!!????? You no doubt destroyed your engine!!! You can't P&P heads with them on the car especially with it running! Your engine is toast :( and with no rebuild kits for these engines your best bet is to find a used one and swap it out

They don't sell a rebuild kit? Marcredd has his rebuilt.

Step 1: Use your brain
Step 2: Replace coils
Step 3: Use your brain

Hah nice one.

so thats what this forum has come to, Troll threads :(

Your mistake, my friend, was using sand. The silica breaks down and wears the wrong parts by becoming too small. You want to use glass beads - they won't bread down and will only polish the intake and exhaust ports! You can also mix in a little Seafoam to clean at the same time!

I followed the same procedure and got great results...As long as you remove the MAF sensor your fine... I'm guessing this is where you went wrong... BUT, your in luck... All you need to is jack the rear up, attach the bag to the exhaust and put the car in reverse. JUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO KICK THE CAR....OR ELSE!!!
aa_1961_ferrari_spyder_ferris_buellers_crash.jpg

It'll reverse any damage you did and you can start fresh!!! REMOVING THE MAF OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!

GL!!!

aa_1961_ferrari_spyder_ferris_buellers_crash.jpg

Last edited:
I guess whoever was trolling with Andrizzle's car has now resorted to making new names and other troll threads, since his other one didn't work out so well :)

Most excellent post.

Hey, for a performance improvement in the trans I suggest replacing the trans fluid with engine oil. Oil is more slippery than fluid, which means it will reduce parasitic loss inside the transmission sending more power to the rear tires. The only reason the dealer uses trans fluid is to keep too much power from reaching the rear tires to reduce warranty claims.

Also, if you add machine grinding compound to the engine oil it will polish the valve tops which will also reduce friction in the engine. It'll also clean out the oil return passages to prevent oil buildup in the valve covers during high RPM operations, and will polish the piston rings and cylinder walls to reduce friction.

All said and done, you could see another 200HP at the rear wheels.

you sir are NUT OF THE WEEK. you did WHAT and you actually think that this was going to work. wow thank god its close to Halloween cuz your engine is GHOST.

I did that on my '71 F350's truck's Cummin's swap when I got it stuck without enough fluid out in the alley the first time I moved it, actually used DTE-24 hydraulic fluid vs. ATF. Got it out of the way but now I need to pull the tranny to replace the clutches...

Members online

Back