Hey LSE guys!

thetintguy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I was trying to get this black on black 02 LSE... didnt happen.

But hey, they say everything happens for a reason right?? Well now Im thinking of getting the new gen LSE. My questions....

*What years after 2002 was the LSE offered?

*What are the power diffrences between the 2000-2002 V-8's and the 2003-2006?

*Was it possible to get an 03 and up in Black with white interior?? I could have sworn I saw a pic of one somewhere...

*Lastly, can you 03 and up LSE guys post a pic or two in this thread please? And also add any other comments about the cars that you'd like.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

*What years after 2002 was the LSE offered? The only other year(s) the LSE was available is 2004 and 2005.

*What are the power diffrences between the 2000-2002 V-8's and the 2003-2006? According to Lincoln the 00-02 LSE had 252 HP. The 2003-up LS's had 280 HP.

*Was it possible to get an 03 and up in Black with white interior?? I could have sworn I saw a pic of one somewhere... I don't think any LS had white interior. You may be thinking of the dove color which is a grey/stone color.

*Lastly, can you 03 and up LSE guys post a pic or two in this thread please? And also add any other comments about the cars that you'd like. Do a search here. There are numerous LSE pictures.

Here is what the 04-05 LSE's typically look like. (Mine just has 19" wheels, lowered, and the McLaren grille)

vbpgimage.jpg

Thanks guys.... And 02V8SPORT, I remember seeing yours here on the site. Beutifull car!!! The only thing that turns me off about the 03 and up LS's is the tail-lights.... I think they should have kept them the same!

Thanks, but are you talking about the 00-02 tail lights being red because the LSE has all red tail lights too.

vbpgimage.jpg

02V8Sport said:
Thanks, but are you talking about the 00-02 tail lights being red because the LSE has all red tail lights too.

No, Im referring too how the inner section(mounted in the deck lid) is bigger. Basically, I think the bigger taillights fit the azz end better than the newer 'thinner' style.

thetintguy said:
also, 02LSV8SPORT.... what kind of springs do you have on the 04? Springtech/Sprint?

I have Intrax on my 04 with a 1.75" drop, I had the Sprints on my 02 and they were just as good for less $$ with the same 1.75" drop.

thetintguy said:
No, Im referring too how the inner section(mounted in the deck lid) is bigger. Basically, I think the bigger taillights fit the azz end better than the newer 'thinner' style.

gotcha. I would agree with you.

Cool. Hey also, if you see any LSE's....or even just a super clean LS for sale in your area, let me know. PM me or something. Im only about 40min from your area. :Beer

If youre really serious about getting a newer LS, I can send you down to a family friend of mine and he can help you get a newer LS pretty cheap. He owns a Ford dealership and gets all kinds of Lincolns, Fords, and Mercury's.

That could be a possibility, I appreciate that. Only thing...I dont know if my pockets are deep enough for 04 and up. I want low mileage and am looking to stay in the $14-15K range.

then you'd have to go with a 2000-2002. I just got my 2002 with 43,000 miles with warranty from Miami Holman Lincoln Mercury for 15,000.

MyLincolnLSV8-2-1.gif

you cant go wrong either way. Both generation LSE's look great. The '02 is cheaper, but the '04 has more power and more options.

check out my cardomain page (see my sig) mines a v6 LSe, wish it was an 8 though

If you want a newer model LS go to www.raypearman.com and look at the pre-owned section. They have several to choose from and I can put you in touch with someone who can get you a great deal.

new info i didnt know that, i guess its tru that you learn something new everyday.

Ok guys have a question for those that have done the later '03 up change to lse style .

I got my rear valance piece for a 06' and I noticed the outer pieces have 2 extra tabs on the lower part of them ...anyone else run into this ? Did you just cut them off ?

Those of you w/ a 2006 on your rear lower outer valance pieces ....what do the lower mounting tabs bolt up to ? Anyone got any pictures ?

thx

Those tabs are important, do not cut them off. You have bend them 90 degrees. I set mine out in the hot sun and then it was easy to flex them. I got the original rivets for the side valances from Bill at team ford. The rear valance uses the existing 2 large bolts.

IMG_3118.JPG

I guess then its sufficent to say ...don't paint the tabs or the paint will crack when you bent them .I'll just heat them up with a hot air gun I guess

Do they rivet up to something ?...the floor , shields ? I haven't looked under the car yet as its raining here ......

Members online

No members online now.
Back