Hid bulbs burning out

heard2

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1997 mk 8 the Hid bulbs keep burning out on the drivers side.The problem did not start until my daughter hit a deer and crushed the front end. I had the repairs done and the bulbs are burning out on that side. They will last about 2 or 3 days then burn out. Could there be a short circuit causing this problem or has the body shop screwed something up? These bulbs are hard to find not to mention expensive. Any help of info woulb be appreaciated.

Sounds like you are on the right track. If the insulation on the wires are not compromised and the connector looks to be in good order, then you may have an intermittant short in the ballast itself.

..I second that. Sounds like a very expensive problem? Don't put any more bulbs in there until you find the short. Aren't they selling for $500 a piece?

It sounds like the ballasts sustained some damage. Something in the enternals of the ballast. I would replace the ballasts.

Last night I took off the headlight housing from my 97. The HID bulb on the passenger side was unusually dim. This was the very light i replaced three months earlier. This was the first time i replaced this light. Come to find out that when i first took off the plastic case, the clips broke. I had to epoxy it together. I suspect that some water has gotten in the housing. That could be something to look at as well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back