HID Question

TheLinkLS8

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so im gonna buy HID Headlights from my dealer cause i get them at cost. Now all the HID is just the Assembly or is it wiring too? And can i get different colors of aftermarket assembly? Anybody know where i could get ION YELLOW HID? Also where i can get some HID Foglights as well? i have 04 LSV8 if you didnt know by now...

If I remember a post from Quik a while back, you have to change the front crossmember that holds the lights in place, I guess the mounting pads are different. Wiring? In theory it should be the same, but this is Ford we're talking about...

Ion Yellow? Unless they start adding more sodium to the mix, I doubt it. Do they even exist as aftermarket?

the 03+ LSes can swap the regular headlights with the factory HID headlights.

if you are looking for different color ranges for the bulbs - try e-bay.

The HID's on the 2005 can they be used on a 2000 LS with the 2003 bracket swap?

Wasnt too sure if the whole headlight assembly was changed?

Quik LS said:
the 03+ LSes can swap the regular headlights with the factory HID headlights.

if you are looking for different color ranges for the bulbs - try e-bay.

BlackLS00 said:
Wasnt too sure if the whole headlight assembly was changed?

Yes, there are some things you will need to change in order to swap '03+ headlights into an '00. I'm actually receiving the mount panel from a 2004 LS today, and will hopefully have the new HIDs on this weekend with a how-to. The other thing you will need to change is the plug that is used for the '03 headlights. I'll explain more in the how-to.

Thanks!!

I will be looking forward to seeing your write up :yourock:

ambisonics said:
Yes, there are some things you will need to change in order to swap '03+ headlights into an '00. I'm actually receiving the mount panel from a 2004 LS today, and will hopefully have the new HIDs on this weekend with a how-to. The other thing you will need to change is the plug that is used for the '03 headlights. I'll explain more in the how-to.

yea my hids and panel are coming in monday. cant wait.

I just received the mount panel today and was ready to install it. Of course I open the box to find that the panel was broken almost in half!!! :Bang I just emailed the company that I bought it from and hopefully they can replace it for me. DAMN UPS! Now I may not have this mod done for another week!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

If you already have HIDs, what other color could you possibly want? They are already the most crisp blue color that you will find.

I was thinking like 6000k. The lights on my LS are a really nice blue when you just turn them on, but after they warm up they turn to white, and maybe its just me, but it doesnt even seem to be that white.

FBplaya0085 said:
I was thinking like 6000k. The lights on my LS are a really nice blue when you just turn them on, but after they warm up they turn to white, and maybe its just me, but it doesnt even seem to be that white.

I don't know if light output matters to you, but with higher Kelvin ratings, you lose light output. Probably not a whole lot, but if you don't mind then you could find some 6000k D2R bulbs on eBay most likely. Just please, for the love of all that is holy, don't go any higher than 6000k.

I wouldn't dare. I read that thing about lights above 6000k. 8000k looked terrible. A friend of mine has 6000k HID's on his wrx, it looks gerat. But enough of that, would the new bulbs be easy to install? Because I heard that HID's on the 03+ LS's are the whole headlight assembly.

I havn't attempted to change the bulbs in mine, mainly because I don't want to mess with anything. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult though. If you remove the entire headlight from the car, you can see that there are plastic covers on the back that come off. Once you open them up, you have access to the bulbs and all.

ambisonics said:
If you already have HIDs, what other color could you possibly want? They are already the most crisp blue color that you will find.

heh you might be confused... the blue color seen on bmws, audis.... are not blue bulbs. it is actually an angle of the light spectrem created by the cutoff sheild in projector housings and the HID headlight assemblys on the LS doesn't have a cutoff sheild as it is a reflector housing. In order to get a color from those you need an aftermarket bulb...

Members online

No members online now.
Back