High Output alternator for my Lincoln LS.

OBI

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just became aware that a lot of people have been wondering about my HO alt that I am running in my car. I will do my best to answer any questions but I am by no means an expert when it comes to HO alts, but I do know my car audio. I also have a friend that works at DC Power that could help me answer some questions too.

The alternator I have been running, is a DC Power 270XP. I have seen (through using the search function) that the problem with the LS is that, it doesn't seem to work correctly with the PCM? I talked to my buddy about this literally an hour ago. He told me that DC Power gets most of the external parts from the same build house that ford/lincoln gets their parts from. This includes the plug. All the internal(guts) parts are DC Power though. Just the exterior parts are OEM (case, plug..ect).

Just in case anyone was wondering this Alternator makes a little over 300 amps at 2k and a little over 200 amps at idle.

Hope this helps.

I want this. How much was the 270XP, or was it custom-ish?

When my stock is on it's way out I will definitely look into this further.

Thanks for chiming in, by the way.

Other than the unit itself, what other items did u have to change out?

That's pricey but 200 amps at idle is a lot of extra power. Hmmmmmm.

So I am assuming your LS is a 2nd gen (03-06). DC Power doesnt seem to make a HO alt for the gen 1 LS. I will give DC a call on Monday.

I just looked over your SMD thread again and realized it is a gen 2. I saw the 3rd brake light and electric E-brake. Nice work BTW

Members online

Back