$hit

tminard18

LVC Member
Reaction score
i'm officially screwed. when i got my lincoln like 3 months ago i waxed it the day i got it. Too bad for me it was like 50 degrees in my gtarage. I have littkle wax spots all over. and i cant get rid of them . you cant see em' that great untill after i wash my car then they look like water spots with white edges and i have a black car so it looks like $hit. also...there is paint peeling off my front bumper. how can i remove the wax and how much will it run me to have my front bumper painted black again?

thanks

You are going to have to cut the clearcoat with a cutting pad for an ORBITAL buffer most likely, but it is the hardest thing to do as far as caring for your paint goes. Ive been detailing cars for almost 3 years and it is still a pain for me to do and it look good anyway, anyone can do it, but you have to be real careful not to burn the paint with the buffer. If you have no EXP with a buffer then I would suggest taking it to a PRO, but its gonna cost anywhere from 200 to 300 bucks. I might be wrong, post some pics and Ill really be able to tell.

Im not an expert detailer, but would a clay bar help the situation? I used it once on my car and it took out alot of waterspots. Worth a try maybe.

I would try a cleaner first also. Meguires makes a cleaner that has removed spots off my black Mustang. There are spots it won't remove, but better to try something very mild first, and work your way up.

Definately start with a pre-wax cleaner or clay bar. If that doesn't work, stop getting that feeling everytime you look at your car - It's damn nice. Take it to pro.

are you sure that it is wax and not acid rain fallout.
if you are then go to the autobody supply and get their wax stripper, the one they use to remove all traces of wax prior to reclearing a panel to match on respray jobs.
then look at the clearcoat to determine the level of etching.

JES_LS said:
are you sure that it is wax and not acid rain fallout.
if you are then go to the autobody supply and get their wax stripper, the one they use to remove all traces of wax prior to reclearing a panel to match on respray jobs.
then look at the clearcoat to determine the level of etching.

50 degrees farenheit is a great temp to wax your car... did you thoroughly dry your car first?

I'm betting something like acid rain. I can't imagine wax doing that unless it was a wax specifically designed to NOT be used with our type of finish.

Members online

No members online now.
Back