Hot Rod Lincoln - Mark VIII Track/Daily Driver

ZacUnknown69

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm doing some upgrades on my '95 Mark VIII and would like your opinions. So here they are;

- Replacing driver and passengers seats with the buckets from an '03 Tiburon.
- Replacing the steering wheel with a smaller, race wheel
- Adding Cherry Bomb Extreme mufflers
- Hopefully replacing rear end diff with 3.55's or 3.80's
- Dish, bullitt or steelies (hot rod red w/ chrome accents) 16"-18"
- Then little things like interior refurbishing, paint touch ups, and pin striping

Do you think a Mark VIII is worth putting around $500 into? And would those seats fit? How do I swap diff gears? Rim opinions?

Here's my engine currently.

IMG_20160403_201546.jpg

who knows if the seats will fit.

drag racing track? you'll want a lot more than 3.55s.

True, 3.55's are a bit low but I will be using it as a daily driving. Maybe I should have said "quick street car"

True, 3.55's are a bit low but I will be using it as a daily driving. Maybe I should have said "quick street car"

4.10s or 4.30s.
4.56s if you dont highway much.
3.55 is not enough to get the car moving like you want it to.

Hello everyone!

Do you think a Mark VIII is worth putting around $500 into? And would those seats fit? How do I swap diff gears? Rim opinions?

Of course. You have an amazing ride with a Mustang Cobra Motor kicking out 290HP and that is what you have to start with, bone stock.
I watched a performance show where they took a 98 (I think) civic with 106 stock HP, to start and spent $1000 on exhaust parts and dyno'd it after and it increased HP by 10, to a new total of 116HP.

Not much bang for your buck when taking something designed for economy (a civic) and trying to turn it into a performance machine.

And check you last post, I gave you 5 different rim options.

Members online

No members online now.
Back