how do i change my tag light

big T

LVC Member
Reaction score
one of my tag lights blew i i dont know how to get to it to change it can anyone help me with my problem also need to change a marker light in the bumper. :feedback

The tag light will have to be changed from underneath the trunk lining. There are plugs that hold the lining in place. Here is a photo showing those plugs:

paint3.jpg

Here's another photo showing where the bulb harnesses are. You want to remove the harnesses that are closer to the top of the trunk.

paint4.jpg

As for the side marker lenses you can do one of two things. You can take the headlight out and access behind the bumper. The assembly just pushes out. Or you can take a screw driver and carefully pry behind the assembly that's closer to the rear of the car. The assembly is held in by a metal clip. Here's a pic of the side marker out of the car:

DSC018442-199x145.jpg

GrayGhost1 said:
The tag light will have to be changed from underneath the trunk lining. There are plugs that hold the lining in place. Here is a photo showing those plugs:

paint3.jpg

Here's another photo showing where the bulb harnesses are. You want to remove the harnesses that are closer to the top of the trunk.

paint4.jpg

As for the side marker lenses you can do one of two things. You can take the headlight out and access behind the bumper. The assembly just pushes out. Or you can take a screw driver and carefully pry behind the assembly that's closer to the rear of the car. The assembly is held in by a metal clip. Here's a pic of the side marker out of the car:

DSC018442-199x145.jpg

How come everyone knows everything but noone can tell me how to fix my lumbar button. The damn thing just quit working and I am not sure how to get to it to replace it.

dropped74 said:
How come everyone knows everything but noone can tell me how to fix my lumbar button. The damn thing just quit working and I am not sure how to get to it to replace it.
What's wrong with your lumbar button?

man u r a life saver! thanks alot for all the help and the pics didnt hurt.

:Beer
GrayGhost1 said:

paint3.jpg

paint4.jpg

DSC018442-199x145.jpg

GrayGhost1 said:
What's wrong with your lumbar button?

The lumbar is maxed out and I can not relieve it. So my seat is gauging into my back. I have posted a few times and noone seems to respond. I have not checked the fuse but the pasenger side works fine so I assume it is the button. Thanks for asking Gray. You are the first.

Nolan

dropped74 said:
The lumbar is maxed out and I can not relieve it. So my seat is gauging into my back. I have posted a few times and noone seems to respond. I have not checked the fuse but the pasenger side works fine so I assume it is the button. Thanks for asking Gray. You are the first.

Nolan
Not to hijack this thread but I haven't had the seats out yet so I don't about the lumbar. It sounds like either a fuse or maybe a wire has come loose. What year is your car?

GrayGhost1 said:
Not to hijack this thread but I haven't had the seats out yet so I don't about the lumbar. It sounds like either a fuse or maybe a wire has come loose. What year is your car?

GrayGhost1 said:

Should I make a new thread. I would hate to make anyone angry, cause everyone so far has been extremely helpful except for this dang lumbar issue.

I bet it is loose or broken wires under the drive seat - as it moves back and forth alot - same issue with the airbag light coming on.

Quik LS said:
I bet it is loose or broken wires under the drive seat - as it moves back and forth alot - same issue with the airbag light coming on.

Cool I will have to try and check it out tomorrow and Big T I am sorry for bogartin' your thread.

Well, according to my service manual Fuse #207 powers the driver side seat module and seat adjustment. That fuse block is located in the passenger foot well on the right side. Here's a diagram to find which fuse is #207:

Fuse%20Block.gif

Check that fuse but I don't think that will be your problem. You'll probably need to check the connection to the lumbar motor. It's connector C366 on my diagram. Click here to see how to get to the lumbar motor.

http://www.lskoncepts.com/seats.pdf

If you've checked the connection and the fuse you probably have either a bad lumbar switch or motor.

GrayGhost1 said:
Well, according to my service manual Fuse #207 powers the driver side seat module and seat adjustment. That fuse block is located in the passenger foot well on the right side. Here's a diagram to find which fuse is #207:

Fuse%20Block.gif

Check that fuse but I don't think that will be your problem. You'll probably need to check the connection to the lumbar motor. It's connector C366 on my diagram. Click here to see how to get to the lumbar motor.

http://www.lskoncepts.com/seats.pdf

If you've checked the connection and the fuse you probably have either a bad lumbar switch or motor.

Gray,

I played with it last night after work and have come to the conclusion that I need a new switch. I will be picking one up very soon. Thanks for your help and I will talk to all of you very soon.

Nolan

Members online

No members online now.
Back