How low is too low

djrudebwoy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Who has the lowest LS here? I want to drop the LS about 2.5 inches. I want to see what it looks like.

There was a guy who put the rear springs on the front, and modified the top mount in the trunk to lower the fvck out of his LS. Can't remember his name though.

I can tell you that lowering it much more than mine will require a way high offset. Or small wheels. There you go - Buy some 15" wheels with 245/40 tires. That'll drop it WAY low with springs :D

the dude that had the LS with hydro's could straight lay out, cant get any lower than that.

also that LS that Pete is talking about was way to low to be able to drive anywhere with its 1"-2" of clearance

2.5 would be pretty damn low, depending on where you lived you might have problems getting around, and also as mentioned above, wheel choice would be super critical as tons of people with lowered LS already have rubbing issues

Even if the wheel are tucked behind the fender as apposed to flush with them, will these issues still be present? I've got 17s on now, but was thinking upwards of 19. I'm out in Ontario Canada where the roads are ok. Will the car be paper weight in the winter, or still drivable?

I am lowered by more than 2.5" - less than 3" off the ground with the side skirts.

I am lowered by more than 2.5" - less than 3" off the ground with the side skirts.
thank god you dont see any snow in Texas, do you even use your beast as a daily driver?

Even if the wheel are tucked behind the fender as apposed to flush with them, will these issues still be present? I've got 17s on now, but was thinking upwards of 19.
you may be able to run bigger wheels but you will need a really high offset to keep them inside the fenders

Will the car be paper weight in the winter, or still drivable?
it will probably be near impossible to drive in any amount of snow

yep - it's a daily driver - 9.2mpg. The Esprit is the toy - no AC, so the 90min stop'n go drive home would be tough... on me and the car.

Even if the wheel are tucked behind the fender as apposed to flush with them, will these issues still be present? I've got 17s on now, but was thinking upwards of 19. I'm out in Ontario Canada where the roads are ok. Will the car be paper weight in the winter, or still drivable?

YouTube - The LS going where it should not be.

Not my video, but the person has Springtechs on his LS, which offer a 1.75" drop.

Intrak Pro sports - and run 245/45 - after 30,000miles and 8yrs on the springs they have 'settled'.
25490040013_large.jpg

What rear diffuser do you have, Lou? I could not see it on your pics...

Found it! The guy with real low ls, with the modified moutns in the trunk.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=53741&highlight=custom+lowered+ls

I know it out of subject, but since I contributed to this topic, I'm due for one

Got a close up pic of your front calipers Quik? I thought I read you had a custom painted logo on there, just want to see the size of it, since mine is on the smaller side, thinking of maybe getting it hand painted on by someone and made bigger.

brakesandgrilles008.jpg

009-1.jpg

damn alex, you found that thread by searching for only "custom LS", how many pages did you have to go back to find that sucker?

also i think you need to take a link or two out of the watch there Mr.Thin Wrist. lol j/k

its kinda hard to tell where the side skirts end and the ground begins there with that shadow, but it looks like you almost get high centered with the way the front of your driveway has that little angle to it.

i have sprints, and that low enough for me, i actually just encountered my first speed bump a couple days ago :rolleyes:

thank god you dont see any snow in Texas, do you even use your beast as a daily driver?

you may be able to run bigger wheels but you will need a really high offset to keep them inside the fenders

it will probably be near impossible to drive in any amount of snow

Ha.

We broke the record snowfall in dfw last February, we had over 12 inches of accumulated snow and it kept snowing for 3 days straight.

It was when i had came on leave from Iraq, what a surprise. And it can rain extremely hard and the roads often get flooded in this area.

yep - it's a daily driver - 9.2mpg. The Esprit is the toy - no AC, so the 90min stop'n go drive home would be tough... on me and the car.

lmao......wow.

Im gonna be in new braunfels in november, wish i could see that monster of an ls in person.

its kinda hard to tell where the side skirts end and the ground begins there with that shadow, but it looks like you almost get high centered with the way the front of your driveway has that little angle to it.

the driveway is perfectly flat - here are some other side shots (the front is lifting slightly)

DSCF5518.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

Good times right?

Welcome to the scrape club.

no kidding lol, but thanks to me lowering i hit a raccoon and now might be getting a new bumper :D but i'm not even going to attempt to drive the LS in the winter now

What rear diffuser do you have, Lou? I could not see it on your pics...

homemade... after running the Top Gun at Texas Mile - I realized I needed to smooth that out - not like the Lotus diffuser where it actually helps with rear downforce, but more to stop the air from packing up in behind the rear bumper.

rd1.jpg

rd2.jpg

homemade... after running the Top Gun at Texas Mile - I realized I needed to smooth that out - not like the Lotus diffuser where it actually helps with rear downforce, but more to stop the air from packing up in behind the rear bumper.

Ah, thanks. That's what I kind of figured. I was wondering if one couldn't adapt a nice CF diffuser to the bumper, and modify a plate like you have installed. Nice work. I bet it serves it's purpose nicely.

damn alex, you found that thread by searching for only "custom LS", how many pages did you have to go back to find that sucker?

also i think you need to take a link or two out of the watch there Mr.Thin Wrist. lol j/k

Nope, I put "custom lowered LS" and it was on the first page, the last thread on it. But if you put " lowered ls", it's like the 4th thread. I'll teach you how to use the search properly if you want :p

Yeah, I dont have the thickest wrists, but the watch sits nice, not to loose and not close to being tight. I might have to take one link off to get a nicer fit but I got use to it after using it for 4 years now.

Nope, I put "custom lowered LS" and it was on the first page, the last thread on it.

gotcha, i dint see the the word lowered in red anywhere like LS and custom was, maybe it didn't highlight it because it was in the title?

i was going to say the words custome and LS have to be in at least half of the threads here

Members online

Back