How much would you pay for a 96 black on black LSC?

UltimateSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Miami, FL(Home of the rust free MARK VIII's
So it's very possible I can get my hands on a 1996 black on black LSC! Maybe not directly but my father may buy it. According to the owner it is beyond clean & original. He is the original owner, he's in his 60's, bought the car @ Coral Gables Lincoln Mercury here in Miami back in September of 1996 & has used it only for nice trips to the Florida Keys, Orlando, Daytona, etc... used only a few times per year. Car has 48,000 original miles, has all the dealership vehicle maintenance records.
My stepdad saw the car at a house next door to a house he was installing the A/C on, he knocked on the man's door & asked him if he wanted to sell it. He said it's his pride & joy but money talks! My stepdad described the car as beyond beautiful, he said the car shines beautifully & it reminds him of a black Lincoln I once showed him online a few months ago, I went back to my pictures, showed him the Mark VIII I figured he was talking about & he says it's IDENTICAL except it has black interior! I asked him if it had the clear lights & he confirmed it as well.

SO, how much would you pay for this beautiful 1996 48,000 mile, well maintained, one owner, black on black LSC?
100_3851-1.jpg

i wouldn't be surprised if sumone would buy it for 5-6k. I wouldn't pay over 3k cause i dont like g1's. But i will admit this one is quite sexy.

Damn that is a nice ride.Don't know how I would pay because I don't know the values to well but I would think an offer of 6K would be a good start.

Where is it? Gonna go swap the VIN's with my car's :p

Oh, and the interior, I think I see saddle.

My bet is the owner wont sell he will still want $15k or so
But for a black on saddle mint I would pay $6k-$8k if I wanted a Gen 1

I wouldn't give 3k for it.

Its a gen one.
Its a 96.
Fifteen your old car that has sat....a lot.

I don't think that is a pic. of the car he is talking about.

I don't think that is a pic. of the car he is talking about.

As mentioned above, the car looks IDENTICAL to the one in the picture however it has BLACK interior. It's a BLACK on BLACK 96 LSC!

I'm trying to convince my father to cross over to the dark side. Yes, the car does sit however according to the owner, he starts the car every 2-3 days & takes it out on Saturdays to the corner drug store, local car shows, 2-3 mile drive & thats it, then during the summer they take it to the Keys, Orlando or St. Augustine, etc... however it is regularly maintained at the local Lincoln dealership.

Asking Price? $5,000 & he's pretty firm. May knock off 300 - 400 off of it the most!

It is hard to tell form your post if that pic is the one you showed pa, or one of the car your having a orgasm over.

Most of us know what you are posting, some get confused.

5K... he has the cash... go for it.
I wouldn't, but that's me.

be carefull buying cars from old people.They do strange things to cars.My elderly neighbor starts his car with his foot pinned to the floor every time,I keep telling him, its fi and not to give it any gas, but every morning varooooooooooooooooom and the he keeps it at about 5k rpms for 5-10 mins to warm it up LOL

Heh. I would offer $3k tops on a G1 in that condition. Maybe $4k if I fell in love with it during test drive. (I'm biased though, G2s rule =P)

Also, speaking of G2s, this one's been on the local CL for a bit.
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ctd/2193842637.html

They are asking $8,995 on the ad.
For the hell of it I gave them a phone call and threw some numbers around, got them down to $6k without even trying.

Good deal there for somebody...

When my 96's trans crapped out I would have paid that money or a bit more for this Black on Black 96' LSC :D

It has the one option I have been wanting but haven't had on any of my Mark's yet...SUNROOF :cool:

It has the one option I have been wanting but haven't had on any of my Mark's yet...SUNROOF :cool:

To each their own there. I would NEVER own a Mark VIII with one - hate the stupid things.

I guess the 4K range would be about right for a really good condition black on back gen 1. I'm sure that is still way above the true market value, but exceptions can be made if a vehicle happens to be particularly desirable to an enthusiast.

To each their own there. I would NEVER own a Mark VIII with one - hate the stupid things.

I guess the 4K range would be about right for a really good condition black on back gen 1. I'm sure that is still way above the true market value, but exceptions can be made if a vehicle happens to be particularly desirable to an enthusiast.

LOL

I would never own one that didn't have a sunroof :D

Cant live without the stupid things.

Well I get married this Saturday, leaving on my honeymoon all next week & part of thet following. I won't be giving him a call until 2.5 weeks from now. I don't have that kind of $$$ right now anyway. IF he still has the car when I get back & IF my father's willing to let me borrow that kind of cash, I will take it off his hands & sell both my 97 & 93 to repay my father! Let us pray to the LINCOLN GODS!!! Then sometime in the future I'll try to get my hands on a 97-98 LSC!!! :D

I would pay 5g for that car. No doubt. But then everything would fail on it. Just my luck.

My reason for wanting the Sunroof is I had a Black Pearl SVX...
SVX.jpg

Even tho it had a Beige interior when I got in it during the summer it was an OVEN :mad: However when I opened the Sunroof all the heat just about went away :D

So a Black on Black Mark VIII would have to have a Sunroof in my book no matter what.

" & sell both my 97 & 93 to repay my father! "

you mean rich's 97? how can you sell a car you didnt even pay for yet lol??? gonna be hard to sell without the title!

Well for the sake of argument, I love both Gen 1 and 2's. But if the car is in the shape you describe, I would also pay 5k for it.

Sometimes when you desire a car so much and have the desire to keep it and take just as good care of it as the PO, then it is a good investment to have. But if you are one to not give a :q:q:q:q about the care of a car, then you have no business buying a car like this, you would be better off buying a good runner for around 1.5 to 2k.

But this type of thread is really ridiculous to me due to the fact that it really does not matter what someone else would pay in the first place, all that matters and is important is what are you willing to pay.

Congrats on your upcoming marriage anyway.

Last edited:
What I would ask myself is, will I ever be able to find another one and for that price? I think because it is a black on black LSC it is worth every penny of $5,000.

The way I look at a car like this is like this... My car is mint, as is most of the user's cars on this site, except some would rather their car was a different color. Figure all the money you would have to dump to get the car, fix it up to the condition of you car and then try to sell your current car. I figure, save the money, no matter how bad you want the car. Figure a paint job can be had from a few hundred dollars, to a few thousand dollars and in the end, you have the car you have put all the work into, and its the color you want, for the same, if not far less cash. That said, I will never sell my car to get one like this, as a 96LSC is my dream mark viii, however. My car has maybe 3 almost unnoticeable dings, mods and black interior. I will just paint it one day, and bam done. That was more of just brain vomit, but I think you get the drift.

I'll just wait until the VLCM fails. When he can't replace it, the price will fall dramatically. Then I would jump in and snatch it, for about $1000.

i paid 2100 for my black on black lsc. got it in cape coral. however it wasnt as nice as the one your talking about so maybe 3-3500 for it. anything higher then that and your paying car lot prices. but as someone already stated. its more about what is it worth to you.

Members online

Back