how to ID my motors year and some other questions

e10pvmt

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i am new here but an established custom car enthusiast so i am not new to modifying anything automotive.....i am however new to these modular frd engines and i have a 4runner project i am starting to build...on to my questions.......

1- For some stupid reason i never looked at the VIN to ID what year my motor came out of....is there anyway to tell just by the engine...all i have is the motor and engine harness since i was told the ECU for an auto wouldnt work for a T45 swap which i am now learning may not be true....

2- I just bought an intake manifold for a 97 off of ebay since i need the side mount throttle body and not the rear mount....after paying i noticed it may not work on an older motor if that is what i ended up getting.....how much work and what will i have to get to make it work....kep in mind it isnt goin into a mark viii so the throttle body or throttle linkages wont matter to me...i guess i am asking if and how can this manifold bolt up to my motor.

as for my project i will give a small rundown

its a 98 4runner....going to have a full chassis built for it... all on an air ride suspension....i have a T45 being rebuilt and the motor will eventually get the same treatment but i just want a decent rebuild...i plan on just puttin simple bolt on mods to open it up a little....i have the IRS outta the same car the motor came out of and will have wilwoods at all 4 corners.....its a small list of things to come but just so you understand i wont be needing model specific info just motor specific

thanks in advance for any help you can lend

Members online

No members online now.
Back