how to re-program the keyless entry

mrwheeler81

LVC Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how to reprogram the keyless entry? the owners manual says you can use the keypad on the door. any info is appreciated, thanks

for gen 1, you go behind the glove compartment and jump the two prongs of the open connector on the left side. then you press any button on the remote.

or do you mean enter a new code for the door? the original code is in your trunk, on the left arm of the trunk usually.

well thats what started the whole thing, i changed the code on the door and now the keyless entry doesnt work, but i have a gen II

Keyless entry as in the door pad keyless entry, or the remote keyless entry fob?

If you changed the door pad code, the keyfob should still work just fine.

If you're talking about they keypad code not working, pop your trunk, get the OEM code off the pass hinge, and try it again.

ya im sorry, i should have explained myself better, my remote keyless entry worked when only the factory code was being used, but once i programmed a personal code in the doors keypad the remote keyless entry stopped working. now i noticed that on the back of the keyless entry remote there is a on/off memory switch, and it has been in the on position. should i turn the switch off, and than change the code again? im thinking that the car shoots out the code to the remote, once its changed but if the memory switch is on than the remote wont accept it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back